Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I set up an account yesterday without buying a ticket but I’ve got a Notts postcode.

Cambridge v Northampton on sale now for £19 pounds.

Be quick though, they will cotton on if they get a lot of new members from Derbyshire 😉

I’ve just set one up for Northampton as a back up.

Naughty I know, but...

Another thing to consider is friends/relatives outside Derby or better still, localish to the away team.

Way back when, when we played Wimbledon at The MK Hockey Stadium last game of the season, (We survived relegation the previous week v Millwall at home) I signed up over the phone, using my sister's address down in Saarf'end!  Made out it was my first time at the hockey stadium (which was true!) but "I used to watch us regularly down at Selhurst" (which was a lie!) 

6 x tickets in the bag... and a Wimbledon FC supporter membership number to boot!

Obviously all done in good time for sister to then forward ye olde printed tickets to me by ye olde postal service to my home address.

Ended up in a (home) block literally full of Rams!  #They ain't daft!  😉😄

3 hours ago, StevenageRam said:

I have a spare Bristol Rovers ticket if anyone would like to buy it. I'm too far from Derby to return it but I can meet you in Bristol.

I want two tickets as neither me or my mate who are both in the +5 category got tickets but as we're trying to get to the +10 category we wouldn't buy them off anyone unless they were in our name and therefore counted towards our 10 - In my opinion you have plenty of time to post the spare ticket back to the club and get a refund and then it'll go to someone on the waiting list which, again in my opinion, is the only right thing to do with their being 5 days before the match as it may be the one ticket they need to get to their next category. So go one, be a good un and send it back to the ticket office.

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Naughty I know, but...

Another thing to consider is friends/relatives outside Derby or better still, localish to the away team.

Way back when, when we played Wimbledon at The MK Hockey Stadium last game of the season, (We survived relegation the previous week v Millwall at home) I signed up over the phone, using my sister's address down in Saarf'end!  Made out it was my first time at the hockey stadium (which was true!) but "I used to watch us regularly down at Selhurst" (which was a lie!) 

6 x tickets in the bag... and a Wimbledon FC supporter membership number to boot!

Obviously all done in good time for sister to then forward ye olde printed tickets to me by ye olde postal service to my home address.

I, and a mate became a Luton Town member for the 87/88 season I think it was when they had a ban on away members after our promotion to top flight, we were in Borrowash at the time and the Rams weren't down there until Feb 88 I think, i'd not misses a game since April 85 (Burnley I think) in all competitions and didnt intend to miss any that season, luckily they played Arsenal on August BH Monday I think it was and we didn't have a game so we went down to activate the memberships rather than wait until just our game as thought it would look suspicious......

Only game I've ever been to that the Rams haven't played in, other than a couple of England games, became honorary Arsenal fans for the day as took a couple of guests in each that paid for our tkts also and beers to boot! Must have been 250 Arsenal behind the goal at least, too many to be kicked out in any case when they let it be known, think they lifted the ban after that year so I was able to carry on going to where game through to Boro away 89. 

There's always a way if you try hard enough

18 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Naughty I know, but...

Hi,  still looking for Bristol tickets.  However, I have created a Bristol Rovers FAN ID created to buy "home fan tickets".
I have to imagine there will be a couple of hundred (if not thousand) Derby fans doing the same.

What stand is best to buy a home ticket in at Bristol?
The lower East Terrace or the new South Stand behind the goal.
Both areas are promoted as season ticket areas by Bristol.

Which pub is the meet-up pre-game?

42 minutes ago, HouJon said:

Hi,  still looking for Bristol tickets.  However, I have created a Bristol Rovers FAN ID created to buy "home fan tickets".
I have to imagine there will be a couple of hundred (if not thousand) Derby fans doing the same.

What stand is best to buy a home ticket in at Bristol?
The lower East Terrace or the new South Stand behind the goal.
Both areas are promoted as season ticket areas by Bristol.

Which pub is the meet-up pre-game?

You should be Ok wherever you sit, providing that you regularly and loudly declare yourself to be a big Bristol Rovers fan.

4 minutes ago, HouJon said:

Ha Ha @Crewton I was hoping that a few hundred Derby fans would provide strength in numbers to outsing the locals.

😉 

Those who went in the home sections last season, or who are familiar with the stadium, will hopefully be able to provide the information you need. I've never been there.

2 hours ago, HouJon said:

Ha Ha @Crewton I was hoping that a few hundred Derby fans would provide strength in numbers to outsing the locals.

I would have thought the best place is as near to the away end as possible (that's what I'll be aiming for if I have to resort to a home ticket for Northampton or Cambridge).

Looking at the stadium plan, it looks like you have the choice of either sitting in the South Stand (G) or better still, on the "Popular Insulation Terrace 2" you won't be restricted to staying in an allocated seat if you're on the terrace. Either way, I'm not sure there will be too much singing (especially in the seated area) due to the risk of being evicted from the ground.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I would have thought the best place is as near to the away end as possible (that's what I'll be aiming for if I have to resort to a home ticket for Northampton or Cambridge).

Looking at the stadium plan, it looks like you have the choice of either sitting in the South Stand (G) or better still, on the "Popular Insulation Terrace 2" you won't be restricted to staying in an allocated seat if you're on the terrace. Either way, I'm not sure there will be too much singing (especially in the seated area) due to the risk of being evicted from the ground.

@Tamworthram   that was exactly my thought.   South in G is closer, but they have started selling season tickets to home fans there.
The benefit of the East Terrace is it is unrestricted standing so in theory I can move away and silently bounce in a corner.
Still holding out for 3 away tickets though.
Do many get sold by fans at the ground?

1 minute ago, HouJon said:

@Tamworthram   that was exactly my thought.   South in G is closer, but they have started selling season tickets to home fans there.
The benefit of the East Terrace is it is unrestricted standing so in theory I can move away and silently bounce in a corner.
Still holding out for 3 away tickets though.
Do many get sold by fans at the ground?

I only average half a dozen away games a year but I've NEVER seen it happen.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I only average half a dozen away games a year but I've NEVER seen it happen.

I was offered tickets for the away end at Barnsley outside the ground.

22 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

I want two tickets as neither me or my mate who are both in the +5 category got tickets but as we're trying to get to the +10 category we wouldn't buy them off anyone unless they were in our name and therefore counted towards our 10 - In my opinion you have plenty of time to post the spare ticket back to the club and get a refund and then it'll go to someone on the waiting list which, again in my opinion, is the only right thing to do with their being 5 days before the match as it may be the one ticket they need to get to their next category. So go one, be a good un and send it back to the ticket office.

Normally I would post it back but as I'm away on holiday at the moment and won't be back until Friday morning this is not possible given the time frame. My friend has had to change his plans and I just want to give a fellow Ram the chance to use it rather than it go to waste.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The Popular Insulation Stand was okay last year. Expensive and not palatial but a reasonable enough view and not too many numpties around. 

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The Popular Insulation Stand was okay last year. Expensive and not palatial but a reasonable enough view and not too many numpties around. 

Thanks - I will get Terrace 2 in Popular.  It looks a right s*** hole and expensive (£26) but at least I will be there.

15 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

'The Popular Insulation Stand - A Warm Welcome Guaranteed'