Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

1 hour ago, chezzyram said:

There will be far more tickets available than we can fill. I've been to the ground today for tickets as I'm going in the home end with some Chesterfoeld mates. There is only the south stand(kop) and west stand available to home fans. The North (away) stand has been allocated to us initially and the east stand is empty. If we sell out the north stand they will then release the east stand by block.

Home tickets have been on sale for a week already to st holders and it doesn't look like many sold so far. They have games against Sheffield utd and Sheffield we'd too and whether we like it or not it looks like we are the least attractive draw of the 3 which is probably understandable really

Not really that much difference, they play Sheffield Wednesday 8 days before us and Sheffield United on the Saturday afternoon before us, which will always be a more attractive time.

tickets available for home fans,
Sheffield Wednesday 2,969

Sheffield United 2,880

Derby 3,496

It’s a strange one regarding away fans for the three Chesterfield games.

Ours are on sale already from the Chesterfield ticket office only.

Sheffield United game says refer to United’s ticket office, but there are no details on there.

Sheffield Wednesday game says details to be confirmed, but again nothing on Wednesday’s website.

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Not really that much difference, they play Sheffield Wednesday 8 days before us and Sheffield United on the Saturday afternoon before us, which will always be a more attractive time.

tickets available for home fans,
Sheffield Wednesday 2,969

Sheffield United 2,880

Derby 3,496

Yes you're right, I hadn't realised that home sales weren't much better for the other two, I was just surprised at how many were left today. They have over 3.5k season ticket holders so it looks like only around 1k have taken advantage of the extra week on sale. I've heard a few whinging that theyre not going because they can't have their normal seats in the east stand though! 

It's a clever strategy for them to arrange games with 3 local teams guaranteed to take a big following and potentially allocate half the ground to them. The Wednesday game is a testimonial and I wouldn't be surprised if it matches the gate for Fozzy's

1 minute ago, chezzyram said:

Yes you're right, I hadn't realised that home sales weren't much better for the other two, I was just surprised at how many were left today. They have over 3.5k season ticket holders so it looks like only around 1k have taken advantage of the extra week on sale. I've heard a few whinging that theyre not going because they can't have their normal seats in the east stand though! 

It's a clever strategy for them to arrange games with 3 local teams guaranteed to take a big following and potentially allocate half the ground to them. The Wednesday game is a testimonial and I wouldn't be surprised if it matches the gate for Fozzy's

Burton Albion have done this for years, playing the likes of us Florist, Leicester and Villa.

It makes good business sense.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s a strange one regarding away fans for the three Chesterfield games.

Ours are on sale already from the Chesterfield ticket office only.

Sheffield United game says refer to United’s ticket office, but there are no details on there.

Sheffield Wednesday game says details to be confirmed, but again nothing on Wednesday’s website.

It's the same information in their ticket office, away tickets for Derby are only available online from Chesterfield but the other two are only available from Utd or Wednesday. It must just be down to the arrangements reached between the clubs

Just now, chezzyram said:

It's the same information in their ticket office, away tickets for Derby are only available online from Chesterfield but the other two are only available from Utd or Wednesday. It must just be down to the arrangements reached between the clubs

Yes but there is no information on the other two’s website.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Burton Albion have done this for years, playing the likes of us Florist, Leicester and Villa.

It makes good business sense.

It wasn't Burton's business sense at all, all proceeds went to charity; it suited them when they were non-league. Going back to the 1950s, the invitation to local teams was always predetermined because Burton hosted the Bass Charity Vase (started in the 1890s) where the said teams plus Notts County and Gresley Rovers were always invited to compete. It was the structure for Burton's own pre-season where every year they attracted EFL clubs. But Derby and the others usually turned out their reserves or third team. After 2008 the Vase structure changed and for about four seasons it was just a straightforward Rams v Brewers one-off game. Then came a mish-mash of whatever teams were interested (QPR came one year). Since they have been established in the EFL, Burton decide their own pre-season and the Vase does not assume the importance it once did; in some seasons it has not even been held.

Chesterfield see their local rivalry as Mansfield, followed by the two Sheffield clubs. Their rivalry with us is Derbyshire-friendly and they see us as no more important than we see them. It makes for a good friendly atmosphere as was always the case when the two clubs competed for the Derbyshire FA Centenary Cup. Looking forward to the evening out and I hope they get back to the EFL this season. I just regret the fact that if they hadn't conceded late on to Notts at Wembley, David McGoldrick would probably not have left us.  

Edited by Brailsford Ram

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

It wasn't Burton's business sense at all, all proceeds went to charity; it suited them when they were non-league. Going back to the 1950s, the invitation to local teams was always predetermined because Burton hosted the Bass Charity Vase (started in the 1890s) where the said teams plus Notts County and Gresley Rovers were always invited to compete. It was the structure for Burton's own pre-season where every year they attracted EFL clubs. But Derby and the others usually turned out their reserves or third team. After 2008 the Vase structure changed and for about four seasons it was just a straightforward Rams v Brewers one-off game. Then came a mish-mash of whatever teams were interested (QPR came one year). Since they have been established in the EFL, Burton decide their own pre-season and the Vase does not assume the importance it once did; in some seasons it has not even been held.

Chesterfield see their local rivalry as Mansfield, followed by the two Sheffield clubs. Their rivalry with us is Derbyshire-friendly and they see us as no more important than we see them. It makes for a good friendly atmosphere as was always the case when the two clubs competed for the Derbyshire FA Centenary Cup. Looking forward to the evening out and I hope they get back to the EFL this season. I just regret the fact that if they hadn't conceded late on to Notts at Wembley, David McGoldrick would probably not have left us.  

So it’s bad business then🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm going to the Chesterfield game. Due to how the tickets for the league away games are allocated, it will probably be the only away game I get to see this season.

It's been a few years since my last visit to Chesterfield, so decided to make a day of it. Catching the mid-morning train, arriving in plenty of time for lunch. So any suggestions on where to go for a good pub lunch.

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I'm going to the Chesterfield game. Due to how the tickets for the league away games are allocated, it will probably be the only away game I get to see this season.

It's been a few years since my last visit to Chesterfield, so decided to make a day of it. Catching the mid-morning train, arriving in plenty of time for lunch. So any suggestions on where to go for a good pub lunch.

Are you aware it’s a 7 pm kick off.

Whispers emerging from Pride Park that further increased demand for away tickets in 2023/24 season has resulted in a new top priority 'Away Member' banding.

The 'Away Member' bands will remain as per 2022/23, but a new highest priority band has been added as follows which gives first choice to only the most serious fans:

Top priority (AKA 'First Dibs'): Away membership with 23 away games last season whilst wearing the 2020/21 pink away shirt

40 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Whispers emerging from Pride Park that further increased demand for away tickets in 2023/24 season has resulted in a new top priority 'Away Member' banding.

The 'Away Member' bands will remain as per 2022/23, but a new highest priority band has been added as follows which gives first choice to only the most serious fans:

Top priority (AKA 'First Dibs'): Away membership with 23 away games last season whilst wearing the 2020/21 pink away shirt

Doubt that pink pure awful

17 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The pig & pump. Good food and decent real ale, opposite the crooked spire.