When will we find out who is let go and who we will offer contracts to?

ziggyram59

15 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Does anyone know what date players will be let go and other players offered new contracts? 

Contracts expire June 30th as a general rule. Don’t know for sure when the club will announce its retained list but my hope is that it’s sooner rather than later. Sunday was tough and there will be a lot of disappointment, but taking the emotion out of it we can’t hang around for too long feeling sorry as a club and need to start working on next season pretty much immediately.

22 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Does anyone know what date players will be let go and other players offered new contracts? 

The manager probably needs to know what budget he has to work with, who he might be able to get in and will they make us better. Also who wants to stay and who wants to move on.

I suspect a lot of conversations will start this week and carry on for a while yet 

4 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Which players do we have who are under contract for next season? I know some of the players we signed last summer only was for a one year deal while others it was for two years.

They were all 2 year contracts apart from the older boys (Fozzy, Davies, Stearman, Chester, McGoldrick) and the backup GK's (Loach, McGee)

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

They were all 2 year contracts apart from the older boys (Fozzy, Davies, Stearman, Chester, McGoldrick) and the backup GK's (Loach, McGee)

Of those I can only really see McGoldrick and Fozzy getting offered another year.

Davies would be a good guy to have around the club but hes probably not going to get the playing time he wants.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Hourihane is on a 1 year contract too

33 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Of those I can only really see McGoldrick and Fozzy getting offered another year.

Davies would be a good guy to have around the club but hes probably not going to get the playing time he wants.

I think there’s logic in signing McGee. Knows the place, the staff and the coaching set up, proved capable enough at this level during his time at FGR, and likely to be on sensible wages for our budget. 
While we’re likely to see a lot of player turnover I think we have to have some continuity within the squad and he’s a sensible option for that. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think there’s logic in signing McGee. Knows the place, the staff and the coaching set up, proved capable enough at this level during his time at FGR, and likely to be on sensible wages for our budget. 
While we’re likely to see a lot of player turnover I think we have to have some continuity within the squad and he’s a sensible option for that. 

McGee is out of contract at FGR so would be free.

Just now, MadAmster said:

McGee is out of contract at FGR so would be free.

I know, that’s what I mean. Rather than bringing in a new keeper to replace him when his loan ends, sign him on a free to be back up/compete with Wildsmith. You then have another member of the squad who has settled in already having spent the last 4/5 months here.

Relatively low risk option.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I know, that’s what I mean. Rather than bringing in a new keeper to replace him when his loan ends, sign him on a free to be back up/compete with Wildsmith. You then have another member of the squad who has settled in already having spent the last 4/5 months here.

Maybe there is a case to bring through the youngster we have who’s promising 

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I'd be shocked if that wasn't the plan from the beginning.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'd be shocked if that wasn't the plan from the beginning.

I think it was. Only issue might be if McGee isn't happy to be back-up. He performed very well for FGR, seen him several times. 

I was surprised that they didn't try to keep him.

59 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Totally agree... I'd keep both, with Fozzy as the 4th/5th centre back option (assuming we're playing a back 3). If Davies stays they he'd be 5th/6th choice with Rooney, I'd keep him if he's happy with that role but doubt that he would be.