The Boxing but not Boxing Thread

Day

We should separate the YouTube boxing sideshow from the real boxing thread.

Gives them too much credit discussing fights alongside proper boxers.

Anyhow. Predictable this one.

Hopefully Nate Diaz gets a KO and ends all this rubbish, Jake Paul moving on to the next fad.

IMG_0020.jpeg

These guys like KSI and those Paul brothers are making an absolute fortune out of this. 

Who's paying for this? I don't get what you're expecting. It's basically WWE. Vast majority of sales must be in the US. No way is the world tuning into these fights and surely in Britain we're cynical enough to know a con? Hence Mayweather fought in an empty O2

I wish right at the start somebody just smashed them. 

Imagine if Man City played a Sunday pub team. PPV. How many times would you get away with putting that on. How many tight games would it take for you to realise you're watching an exhibition. 

It frustrates me because I just don't get how it sells. Why is everyone so stupid? 

The Rock v Triple H was a million times more entertaining back in the day. Slamming through tables, hitting each other with hammers and chairs. 

KSI is fighting some geezer who I can only imagine stinks of Joop.

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It frustrates me because I just don't get how it sells. Why is everyone so stupid? 

Influencers. 

And they do influence.

Our neighbours lad, must be 12 ish, in his bedroom window has a line up of Prime drink bottles, the drink by KSI and Logan Paul.

I remember when I was a kid, I’m sure it was a 80s thing, getting thrown the Argos catalogue and write your list to Santa, now days all kids want is what these YouTubers are selling be it CS:GO skins, drinks, boxing fights…

Even games now have “creator codes” where you can stick in an ID number for your favourite YouTuber, then any purchase made they get a cut of.

Twitch, donating to millionaires to play video games.

Doesn’t make sense to us as we were brought up in another era where mobiles, tablets and the internet were not a thing I guess, it’s hard not to find it incredibly sad though that these people have so much influence over the younger generation.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nobody is making anybody watch it?

It’s a bit like me moaning about that stupid America Football that the hipsters watch over here.  Let em get on with it, I mean, they’re up all night yes, but they’ve got no work to get up for in the morning so what’s the harm?

Found the influenced by Jake Paul fan ☝️

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nobody is making anybody watch it?

It’s a bit like me moaning about that stupid America Football that the hipsters watch over here.  Let em get on with it, I mean, they’re up all night yes, but they’ve got no work to get up for in the morning so what’s the harm?

Is that Prime drink nice?

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I managed to real in the two biggest NFL fanboys on the forum with one post.😘

Ive still got it!!bart simpson episode 21 GIF

You couldn't even manage to put the gif on it's own line in the editor.

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m over tired from emptying you pair out me keep net init. 😴

The only thing you know how to empty is a pensioners bank account.

Jake Paul empty's the kids and you get them on the way out this world.

30 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I managed to real in the two biggest NFL fanboys on the forum with one post.😘

Ive still got it!!bart simpson episode 21 GIF

Hey, don't pick on David. He is a NFL fan because of me. The same goes with wristwatches. Apparently I'm his idol and he found these great pleasures in life since I introduced them to him.😎

11 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Hey, don't pick on David. He is a NFL fan because of me. The same goes with wristwatches. Apparently I'm his idol and he found these great pleasures in life since I introduced them to him.😎

He’ll deny it.

On 13/04/2023 at 09:14, Alpha said:

These guys like KSI and those Paul brothers are making an absolute fortune out of this. 

Who's paying for this? I don't get what you're expecting. It's basically WWE. Vast majority of sales must be in the US. No way is the world tuning into these fights and surely in Britain we're cynical enough to know a con? Hence Mayweather fought in an empty O2

I wish right at the start somebody just smashed them. 

Imagine if Man City played a Sunday pub team. PPV. How many times would you get away with putting that on. How many tight games would it take for you to realise you're watching an exhibition. 

The Rock v Triple H was a million times more entertaining back in the day. Slamming through tables, hitting each other with hammers and chairs. 

KSI is fighting some geezer who I can only imagine stinks of Joop.

26,000 brain dead zoomers who all had that exact same stupid broccoli hair cut filled The Valley to watch the sidemen vs youtube allstars. The match gained 2.5 million online viewers.

If you get the right influencers involved you can literally sell anything to these people.

20 hours ago, GboroRam said:

No. Source: 5 boys in the house aged 9-13. They all think it's the best thing in the world. I know it's a flat, boring drink. 

Take the logo and the youtubers away, stick it on sale for 50p in B&M and they'd all not touch it. 

People were physically fighting for it when it was released, weren't they? 

Will your lads be asking for the PPV of these fights?

• 2 months later...
On 11/07/2023 at 15:58, David said:

IMG_1855.jpeg

Glad to see this got put in the correct boxing thread. Tell you what though, Ngannou has a hundred times better chance of winning this than McGregor did against Mayweather. He will get gassed after six rounds but up until then that boy can bang and it only takes one shot. Of course, Fury will use all his wily ring skills (of which he has plenty) to tie him up and tire him out but, to repeat, it just takes one shot.