The Boxing but not Boxing Thread

Day

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Is there a bigger bell than John Fury? 

I tried watching that Fury show on Netflix but as soon as Tommy and John appeared I was done. 

Tommy pretending he's a charismatic boxer and John pretending he lives in an old carriage. 

My guess is they appeared when Tyson attempted to shut the whole programme down, they had to find a way to grind more content out of this. 

On 23/08/2023 at 18:06, David said:

My guess is they appeared when Tyson attempted to shut the whole programme down, they had to find a way to grind more content out of this. 

It's very Kardashian style. 

The worst "reality" in reality TV

On 23/08/2023 at 17:59, Alpha said:

Is there a bigger bell than John Fury? 

I tried watching that Fury show on Netflix but as soon as Tommy and John appeared I was done. 

Tommy pretending he's a charismatic boxer and John pretending he lives in an old carriage. 

I doubt it.

He is always trying to make it all about him. 

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

I doubt it.

He is always trying to make it all about him. 

Hahaha jeez. Please don't give these cling ons your money.

John was an opponent. That's all he ever was in boxing. A breathing punch bag. Then he hung on to Tyson for dear life. Managed to talk himself into trouble with the likes of Micky Theo and Dillian Whyte and pooped it when they put it on him. He was frightened of Chisora (I mean fair play on that one) but still goes on like he's actually made of something more than steaming bull poop. 

Tommy is his lifeline. The reality TV/TikTok generation for people with not enough attention span to tie shoe laces. Tommy has about as much talent for boxing as any half decent amateur and talks like he's an established professional. He won't ever be British champion and already had to be gifted a result. 

Between them they have nothing. Just loud noises to attract any moron who thinks this is real. 

These YouTubers are one thing. But at least they found success by playing the game. Their personalities and controversy has paid them millions. So you can at least say fair play. .

That pair of morons have done nothing more than be near Tyson. 

I hope, as always, that Tommy gets absolutely flattened. And John talking about Mike Tyson but who's actually seen him fight? 60 year old teenager. 

On 25/08/2023 at 03:44, Alpha said:

John was an opponent. That's all he ever was in boxing. A breathing punch bag. Then he hung on to Tyson for dear life. Managed to talk himself into trouble with the likes of Micky Theo and Dillian Whyte and pooped it when they put it on him. He was frightened of Chisora (I mean fair play on that one) but still goes on like he's actually made of something more than steaming bull poop. 

Tommy is his lifeline. The reality TV/TikTok generation for people with not enough attention span to tie shoe laces. Tommy has about as much talent for boxing as any half decent amateur and talks like he's an established professional. He won't ever be British champion and already had to be gifted a result. 

Between them they have nothing. Just loud noises to attract any moron who thinks this is real. 

These YouTubers are one thing. But at least they found success by playing the game. Their personalities and controversy has paid them millions. So you can at least say fair play. .

I hope, as always, that Tommy gets absolutely flattened. And John talking about Mike Tyson but who's actually seen him fight? 60 year old teenager. 

Never really understood your problem with Tommy. Just seems like an okay bloke taking a payday and talking himself up like every boxer in history.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Never really understood your problem with Tommy. Just seems like an okay bloke taking a payday and talking himself up like every boxer in history.

Didn't like how he got a gift Vs Cornell.

Don't like his panto nonsense.

Don't like his "you've never fought a pro boxer" tripe while he's never fought anyone himself. 

Never backs up anything he says. Contradicts himself constantly. Basically all the annoying things about Tyson but none of the good bits

On 25/08/2023 at 10:44, Alpha said:

You really dont like them lol! Fair play! I think tommy if he was serious about boxing he should have gone tbrough the amateurs like most traveller kids! Hes short cut and is the tik tok generation which i cant stand!

I agree hes not much of a boxer but if he does ksi then rematch and batter jake paul, hes only young! After that he needs to fight boxers to be work his way up, but by the sounds of it he isnt up for it! All about the money rather than the legacy unfortuantely it seems like his half brother tyson!

P.s i like the furys! Fighting people! But boxing aint fighting, its boxing!

I actually know people whove met gypsy john when tyson was am amateur! All say he was a top bloke! Full of respect and knows boxing! Valid its second hand info but all say the same! Think he trys to play up for the cameras now but looks a bit like a t*** doing so lol!

When it comes to boxing tho, peters the man 

Edited by De22Ram

19 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

I actually know people whove met gypsy john when tyson was am amateur! All say he was a top bloke! Full of respect and knows boxing! Valid its second hand info but all say the same! Think he trys to play up for the cameras now but looks a bit like a t*** doing so lol!

When it comes to boxing tho, peters the man 

I like Tyson. Always have. 

The worst thing about John is that I know it's all an act. That's the double bluff. Pretending to be a moron for the cameras actually makes him a moron. 

I like Paris, Shane, Hughie (both) and Peter. They all seem really relatable common folk. 

Tommy I didn't have an opinion on until he stepped out of line. He's playing at pro boxing but talking like he's achieved something as boxer. When he's only achieved in this WWE type sideshow we have. 

And even that he makes no sense when he talks. 

"I'll come to America to fight you" 

"Fight me at x (UK) take it or leave it" 

"I'll fight you for free" 

"Pay me X or I'm not fighting" 

"I'll fight with broken ribs"

"Broke my ribs. Can't fight" 

"I'll fight you any place, any time"

"If you don't agree to these terms I'm moving on" 

.... Jake Paul made him look like an absolute imbecile with their "war" of words. Tommy makes as much sense as Tyson. But that's the difference. Tyson has proven himself. Tyson is the original big mouth. The noisy gypo everyone wants to see get knocked out. But he just got better and better. Every obstacle he's just found a way. Every knockback he's come back better. 

I've got nothing against knob heads in boxing. I like Eubank Jnr! 

But again, it comes down to them walking the walk. Tyson was a British level fighter talking about being the best. But he was heading towards that. 

Tommy talks the same but he's off fighting Call Of Duty streamers. He's not prepared to back up his words. He's just living off the Fury name and piggybacking off famous opponents. 

Contrary to the rant, I don't hate him. I just think he's a dick. I only want him to get flattened because he's ironically telling people they aren't proper boxers and it would be funny