They're playing football now, not hoofball.

rammieib

17 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

And as someone who has probably seen far more of the ups and downs  of Derby County than you, for eight years I witnessed near-Utopia and know going anywhere near that again will never come around again in my life time.

It was like nirvana - and as a young Derby fan I could never believe we would lose! Who knows though maybe in our lifetimes, at this level... #COYR

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was like nirvana - and as a young Derby fan I could never believe we would lose! Who knows though maybe in our lifetimes, at this level... #COYR

I agree fully Roy. We actually got to live the dream didn't we? Nirvana is a good description. Maybe we were a bit cultish back then - the Cult of Clough ? but now we're a lot wiser and we have learned to just enjoy it while we can. Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

There was much discussion on this board about the change in manager, much of it  anti-Warne, when the change was made and all of it has not disappeared - wait for a couple of adverse results and see the reaction.

And how much discussion is anti-Warne now? Where even is this anti-Warne discussion? I've seen other people point out that they haven't really detected any, but you insist it's still there bubbling under.

I think you're rewriting history and lumping anyone who expressed concerns or was disappointed with some aspects of his appointment and early performances as being 'anti-Warne' when in reality there were only a handful of posters who vehemently disagreed with his appointment or hadn't come round to seeing how it made sense within a few days, even if that.

Probably 95% (if not more, I've revised it down from 99%!) of people are behind Warne and the job he's doing, and yet here we are with the elitist attitude - literally telling people to keep any opinions that differ to yours to themselves - creating division by calling out anyone who wasn't 100% behind him from day one. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

My point was now is the time to leave it alone as it is distractive, then address it if you will if and when things take a downward turn. I can only suggest you cut down taking what you're on and go away and smell the coffee.

Leave what alone, any sort of analytical discussion at all which diverts from simply hyping us up? Because in the absence of any real  proof of any remaining doubters or anti-warners that's essentially what you're asking.

If you're including people who (like myself) aren't either of those things when you call for them to "save it for later fellas or hopefully never at all" then welcome to your echo chamber. Only fawning positivity allowed, nothing less. If you're not including those people then again, who are these doubters, exactly?

Who on earth is a having a proper discussion about our pros and cons distractive to?

It's a forum for discussion of all things DCFC related (and more) - it has absolutely no bearing on what happens at the club.

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

And how much discussion is anti-Warne now? Where even is this anti-Warne discussion? I've seen other people point out that they haven't really detected any, but you insist it's still there bubbling under.

I think you're rewriting history and lumping anyone who expressed concerns or was disappointed with some aspects of his appointment and early performances as being 'anti-Warne' when in reality there were only a handful of posters who vehemently disagreed with his appointment or hadn't come round to seeing how it made sense within a few days, even if that.

Probably 95% (if not more, I've revised it down from 99%!) of people are behind Warne and the job he's doing, and yet here we are with the elitist attitude - literally telling people to keep any opinions that differ to yours to themselves - creating division by calling out anyone who wasn't 100% behind him from day one. Pathetic.

Leave what alone, any sort of analytical discussion at all which diverts from simply hyping us up? Because in the absence of any real  proof of any remaining doubters or anti-warners that's essentially what you're asking.

If you're including people who (like myself) aren't either of those things when you call for them to "save it for later fellas or hopefully never at all" then yes, actually, welcome to your Utopia. Only fawning positivity allowed, nothing less. If you're not including those people then again, who are these doubters, exactly?

Who on earth is a having a proper discussion about our pros and cons distractive to?

It's a forum for discussion of all things DCFC related (and more) - it has absolutely no bearing on what happens at the club.

I can only conclude that you fall into your own self-described category of one syllable away from cultish.

18 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I can only conclude that you fall into your own self-described category of one syllable away from cultish.

Bravo ?

I'll happily take cultish in exchange for being right, and I'd rather by a cult than its full of s*** neighbour across Perineum Way.

Edited by Kokosnuss

6 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

That's a crock of s*** and you know it ?

I'm not describing "the support" (of which I am part, as are 99% of posters) for Warne as cultish, I'm describing the attitude (which you've very much contributed to) that anyone talking about what he's done so far in anything other than reverential terms is somehow a doubter, being negative and not getting on board.

It's utter b*******, but it's exactly the attitude you've pushed here. Your entrance into the thread was telling people what they should have thought, praising people for 'converting' into believers. Everything positive under Warne is put down solely to his influence. Brailsford has basically just called for a Utopian view. Very much religious / cult vibes!

Is it 'a bit much'? Maybe, but it's supposed to be, it's tongue in cheek, a bit of hyperbole... and yet somehow it's increasingly accurate!

Nobody anywhere has said it's wrong to be supportive of Warne, happy with our performances or positive about our form and future. Please stop trying to make out they have.

I support Warne, I'm positive he's the right man to get us back to the Championship and I think he's doing a good job (which I've said many times). I'm happy that the club is on the up again. I can only apologise if I and a few others are not displaying it in a manner which is enough for you.

I'm really sorry for taking a step back, putting our good form into context and not giddily joining the conga line. I'm sorry that you somehow see that as being negative and unsupportive rather than keeping a realistic view.

I promise for the next appointment that I'll just take whatever the popularist view is and run with that. I mean, it's a lot less hassle, as you've found out.

Let it be said, I think we have really good natured discussions and you always make really interesting and considered posts.

I apologise if I have made you or anyone else for that matter feel uncomfortable or as if your views were not valid or in some ways inferior. Perhaps my original post on the thread was more antagonistic than I first realised. Again, I apologise.

There’s nothing wrong with differing views or indeed a dash of realism here and there, but honestly I think most can see the reality of the situation.

Good times are on the way!

On 17/01/2023 at 02:09, Jourdan said:

If you are not convinced by Warne, that is fair enough. He still has work to do and plenty to prove.

Describing the support for him as verging on a cult and suggesting people are being shamed for not falling in line seems a bit much, mind you.

By comparison, those who doubted (or as you put it, critiqued) Rooney, Rosenior and Cocu and were arguably right in doing so were on the receiving end of much worse than we’ve seen in this thread.

I think even those very much in favour of Warne can see that he is not infallible and his management style is not without its faults or limitations and that his work here is very much one that is in progress. In many ways given where the majority of fans think we should be and how we should be playing, you could argue his work has not even really started.

That said, what’s wrong with enjoying the club being on the up, getting behind a manager who has an encouraging track record in this division, and a group of players who are obviously responding to his methods?

If we can’t be positive when we haven’t lost a game for almost a quarter of a year, when is the time?

Isn't that every football manager, ever???  Even Pep has his faults...

On 16/01/2023 at 09:38, Donnyram said:

Not sure that’s the case.  We also lost 2-0 away at Lincoln under Liam and our away league record pre Warne was played 4, 2 draws and 2 defeats with zero goals scored.  

Under Warne our league away record is played 9, won 4, drawn 4 and 1 defeat - 13 goals scored

Oops missed that result and yes we were poor in that Lincoln Match and that could have been when David Clowes and Co made the decision to approach Paul Warne, even though Liam's last game yielded a win against Wycombe.