Christmas football

GboroRam

Am I the only person who is utterly underwhelmed with the amazon prime advert, breathlessly extolling the virtues of their football offerings this Christmas? I mean, the best matches they can talk about are Brentford vs Spurts, Villa vs Liverpool and Weeds vs Man City. 

I wouldn't leave a good pub and cross the road to go watch those matches if they were showing in another pub. Who would pay to watch those games? 

Best league in the world my 'arris. 

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Am I the only person who is utterly underwhelmed with the amazon prime advert, breathlessly extolling the virtues of their football offerings this Christmas? I mean, the best matches they can talk about are Brentford vs Spurts, Villa vs Liverpool and Weeds vs Man City. 

I wouldn't leave a good pub and cross the road to go watch those matches if they were showing in another pub. Who would pay to watch those games? 

Merry Christmas you miserable scroat!

Tbf, Villa v Liverpool is a massive game if you live in Sutton Coldfield, half and half scarf sales will be massive.

20 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If you already have Prime, the football is a nice bonus.

I've had prime for a few years now. 

Took it up for the delivery options on amazon, cos we buy a number of regular items such as pet food and free delivery does add up.. 

The TV and online music I only paid attention to in lockdown. But it comes up with some good bits. Autumn internationals in rugger would decent. 

I wouldn't take it out for the football, but as an annual package I think it's decent enough value as I regard it as effectively free. 

9 hours ago, GboroRam said:

All 3 look like decent games to me?

We've booked a table in a sports bar for Boxing Day, spending the day in there with the football and Madri.

1 hour ago, David said:

All 3 look like decent games to me?

We've booked a table in a sports bar for Boxing Day, spending the day in there with the football and Madri.

Oh no! Are the nurses and ambulance drivers on strike ?

Edited by Boycie
Oh and Madri has wheat in it. ??

Could all forum members and their families please be mindful that it will not be safe to be out in public areas within the greater Grimfish Metropolitan Borough, between the hours of 11:00 on Monday 26th December 2021 to 05:00 on Tuesday 27th December 2022.

I beseech thee... Please remain indoors.
I've said too much.