Burton Albion (A) (Sat 10th Dec 2022, 2pm KO)

Dobbin is the worst finisher I've seen since Conor Sammon. I know he banged in that volley, but give him more than a nanosecond to think and he always makes a poor choice. Yes he's young, but can we afford to carry a striker who belongs to another club who doesn't score and doesn't often contribute? He would be far down the pecking order for me. Missing key chances at key times as he does so often is really damaging and we have much better players and finishers who could be in his position. 

I hope he scores now, but I don't think it's very likely.

Edit: good he's being taken off and NML coming on instead. We will be much more effective.

Edited by Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Dobbin is the worst finisher I've seen since Conor Sammon. I know he banged in that volley, but give him more than a nanosecond to think and he always makes a poor choice. Yes he's young, but can we afford to carry a striker who belongs to another club who doesn't score and doesn't often contribute? He would be far down the pecking order for me. Missing key chances at key times as he does so often is really damaging and we have much better players and finishers who could be in his position. 

Considering he has been subbed, I think it's close to zero. 

I agree though that he needs some time on the bench. Currently contributing nothing. Confidence seems down. There is a player in there, but as you said, we can't afford to carry another teams player. As for the Connor Sammon remark, nope, no one is as bad as him. Still can't believe he cost 1 million. At least Dobbin cost next to nothing as a loan.

Edited by DanS1992

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

Considering he has been subbed, I think it's close to zero. 

I agree though that he needs some time on the bench. Currently contributing nothing. Confidence seems down. There is a player in there, but as you said, we can't afford to carry another teams player. As for the Connor Sammon remark, nope, no one is as bad as him. Still can't believe he cost 1 million. At lost Dobbin cost next to nothing as a loan.

Can we screenshot you? 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

He’s probably going to find himself on the bench with NML and Barkhuizen building their fitness. He’s got pace which is an asset in this league (or any), hopefully Warne can work with him on his finishing and build his confidence so that he can have an impact as the season goes on. He’s not contributed as much as we’d hope in terms of goals and assists but he still puts a shift in for the side, that Hourihane volley in the first half goes in and we’re talking about how he assisted the second goal. I don’t like that a young player is becoming a target or scapegoat for some people when it’s not like we’re battling relegation and are actually on a decent run currently.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Edit: good he's being taken off and NML coming on instead. We will be much more effective.

We’ve had a thread bare squad and he’s contributed during that spell, his pace gives us a threat and makes defenders drop deeper, he also Has the ability to carry us up the field.

I agree on the end product, I think it’ll come as he matures, but it’s not good at present.

He’s a decent squad option, considering where we we’re in the summer.