Women's football

uttoxram75

40,000 at Arsenal and 38,000 at Chelsea this weekend.

I don't watch or follow the ladies games personally but I did watch the national team a couple of months ago, whatever, these are seriously big crowds. I assume some of those will be to get their footie fix with no Premier League games but even so, its looking like its taking off big time.

Went to the pub a few months back, QPR game got switched off to put a women's game on.

England v Italy I think it was, pub full of men cheered when they scored.

I made a tweet about it and got hammered with the "didn't happen" type posts.

Genuinely did and those attendances show just how popular it is becoming.

I'm guessing families will feel safer attending women's games, probably see more kids introduced to the WSL before a men's game.

I'll be honest, barely watched any women's football, even in the pub I wasn't paying that much attention. Can't really explain why either, I'm not against it, if anything I watch too much football as it is and probably my head fighting back ?

On 20/11/2022 at 23:25, kevinhectoring said:

Wish our club invested more in the women’s game. We have free cash and the EFl would certainly let us. It’s the future 

Maybe if we were in the Prem they might or if prize money increases, but its nowhere near worth it at the moment from a business perspective even if we were regularly winning the super league. You might make some money back if we could get large crowds in for them, but you won't win much for winning the league. Until recently it was zero prize money.

Yes you could argue its a long term investment, but how long term. We aren't exactly flush with cash at the moment, but we do put a fiar amount of resources into the womens team already.

On 20/11/2022 at 23:21, uttoxram75 said:

40,000 at Arsenal and 38,000 at Chelsea this weekend.

I don't watch or follow the ladies games personally but I did watch the national team a couple of months ago, whatever, these are seriously big crowds. I assume some of those will be to get their footie fix with no Premier League games but even so, its looking like its taking off big time.

Tickets are much cheaper and crowd is friendly. It's a good value day out for families.

£36 for 2 adults, 2 children for arsenal v Chelsea at the emirates

Edited by alexxxxx

4 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Tickets are much cheaper and crowd is friendly. It's a good value day out for families.

£36 for 2 adults, 2 children for arsenal v Chelsea at the emirates

Good point, I really had no idea how much tickets were, makes it a reasonable day out for a family.