FA cup

Foreveram

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

FA website says the only two TV replays are Solihull Moors v Wigan and Bolton v Stockport. 

Must be an old article? Barnsley knocked Bolton out on Saturday and Wigan don't enter until the 3rd round. 

3 minutes ago, Diego said:

Must be an old article? Barnsley knocked Bolton out on Saturday and Wigan don't enter until the 3rd round. 

It was and Derby v Torquay is on BBC

34 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Ticket prices for Newport.

tickets on sale to Newport fans at 10 o’clock this morning.

F16F0B42-078D-4080-8FDC-DA2327CEA654.png

What do people think the away following will be like and how likely is it that tickets will make general sale? 
I guess what I mean is, hypothetically if someone lived in a small town not far from Newport and wanted to go see the mighty rams in the fa cup, would they be sensible waiting for the away tickets to go on sale, or to buy one for the home end and sit on their hands throughout the match?

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What do people think the away following will be like and how likely is it that tickets will make general sale? 
I guess what I mean is, hypothetically if someone lived in a small town not far from Newport and wanted to go see the mighty rams in the fa cup, would they be sensible waiting for the away tickets to go on sale, or to buy one for the home end and sit on their hands throughout the match?

Buy one in the home end, then sell it if you manage to get an away ticket maybe?

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

According to the away fans guide, 950 away fans.

45 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I reckon very likely.

Although our fans are nuts so who knows? More of us at MK Dons on Saturday than at Pride Park last night.

We were a very quiet crowd, so I am assuming that the FA Cup isn't even on the radar of some of our younger supporters!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I reckon very likely.

Although our fans are nuts so who knows? More of us at MK Dons on Saturday than at Pride Park last night.

We were a very quiet crowd, so I am assuming that the FA Cup isn't even on the radar of some of our younger supporters!

Thanks @angieram (and others), I’d love to be able to follow the club home and away but it’s just not feasible for my situation, so I try to get to a couple of home games and ideally any games in or near to South Wales. With Cardiff and Swansea off the table for this season I was made up when Newport away was the draw! Decisions to make as to whether I wait for away tickets or opt for a night fraught with danger in the home end ? 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I reckon very likely.

Old codgers club round us in the East Stand. Even I was bringing the average age down.

On 16/11/2022 at 08:28, angieram said:

I reckon very likely.

I'm probably slap bang in the middle of the age demographic and to be blunt, I have zero interest in the FA Cup. This season more than any other it simply represents a load of games we could do without.

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm probably slap bang in the middle of the age demographic and to be blunt, I have zero interest in the FA Cup. This season more than any other it simply represents a load of games we could do without.

Tend to agree but you would've said the same about the carabao cup and that threw up a fixture and performance that everyone enjoyed.

Beat Newport and draw Spurs away would suit me down to the ground.

4 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Beat Newport and draw Spurs away would suit me down to the ground.

What would be our allocation?
It's just that... well... I ain't no away member, and apart from a trip to the seaside last season, I don't normally bother.  But hey, this is like second only to Wembley itself, so of course, I'd want to be there... with my family, obvs!

#generalsaleplease.

?

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

What would be our allocation?
It's just that... well... I ain't no away member, and apart from a trip to the seaside last season, I don't normally bother.  But hey, this is like second only to Wembley itself, so of course, I'd want to be there... with my family, obvs!

#generalsaleplease.

?

The away team should get 15% allocation, unless there is a good reason for not doing this. So, in Spurs' case, this would mean around 9,000 tickets, easily enough to get to general sale.

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The away team should get 15% allocation, unless there is a good reason for not doing this. So, in Spurs' case, this would mean around 9,000 tickets, easily enough to get to general sale.

Norwich took up their full allocation of 9,000 in the FA cup.

They ran 23 club coaches, we don’t have any.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure what your point is. We took more than 6,000 to MK and over 5,000 to Liverpool without any club coaches.

There was no point, it was just an observation, but if I was making a point it would be how difficult it has been for some of our fans to get to games without club transport.