FA cup

Foreveram

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its not just being bothered. I have a 40 mile round trip to every home game as well but I also work shifts. I always  arrange Annual Holidays for the League games that drop on my late shift and sometimes can sort out shift swaps and short notice hols for rearranged games but its not always possible. 

If I'd spent as much time and energy working as I do planning my life round Derby County Football Club I'd probably be retired now. ?

As I stated previously it wasn’t aimed at fans like you, that can’t get to certain games, but fans that could get to games ie the Torquay replay but simply choose not to. Thousands of season ticket holders didn’t turn up for whatever reason.

On 06/12/2022 at 19:20, Foreveram said:

The thing is we were already season tickets holders there for years before they moved the away fans. We were not consulted, just told it was happening. Yes we could have relocated at the end of the season but we like it there and have the same people round us for years. It’s a bit like living in a bungalow next to a field and then someone builds a housing estate on it and then says, you can always move.

It's not just yourselves affected for cup games though, is it? You can't reserve your seat for most cup matches anyway, as they only open the south and east stands, so unless you're very quick and/or lucky, your seat will be gone before you can reclaim it. Then you've got all those people in the north and west stands, who can't sit in their whole stand, never mind their particular seat.

At least when they changed the ground configuration, you were only put out for rare cup games with a massive away following, think about those people who had seats in now what is the away corner, they had to move permanently. Are you saying that we shouldn't have had our magnificent south stand, because a few people would be inconvenienced on the very rare occasions that we have to give the away team their full cup allocation?

As it happens, I'm also affected and on those rare occasions, we enjoy watching the game together from a different viewing point and also being joined by others who can't normally seat with us, as the nearby seats have all been sold as season tickets. It's a case of making the best of a situation, rather than just looking at the negatives. The club has to consider the overall situation when making these decisions and unfortunately, there will always be some losers.

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It's not just yourselves affected for cup games though, is it? You can't reserve your seat for most cup matches anyway, as they only open the south and east stands, so unless you're very quick and/or lucky, your seat will be gone before you can reclaim it. Then you've got all those people in the north and west stands, who can't sit in their whole stand, never mind their particular seat.

At least when they changed the ground configuration, you were only put out for rare cup games with a massive away following, think about those people who had seats in now what is the away corner, they had to move permanently. Are you saying that we shouldn't have had our magnificent south stand, because a few people would be inconvenienced on the very rare occasions that we have to give the away team their full cup allocation?

As it happens, I'm also affected and on those rare occasions, we enjoy watching the game together from a different viewing point and also being joined by others who can't normally seat with us, as the nearby seats have all been sold as season tickets. It's a case of making the best of a situation, rather than just looking at the negatives. The club has to consider the overall situation when making these decisions and unfortunately, there will always be some losers.

Where was I complaining, just explaining the situation to someone that asked. But going back to my original statement, if more season ticket holders turned up to cup games then all the stands would be open. Ps I must be lucky/ or very quick cos I’ve got our three normal seats for Barnsley.

7 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Where was I complaining, just explaining the situation to someone that asked. But going back to my original statement, if more season ticket holders turned up to cup games then all the stands would be open. Ps I must be lucky/ or very quick cos I’ve got our three normal seats for Barnsley.

We've been unlucky or slow and we have lost our normal seats. Never mind we'll just have to try somewhere new and experience another view of the pitch, possibly taking somebody else's regular seat, who are even slower than we are.

53 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We've been unlucky or slow and we have lost our normal seats. Never mind we'll just have to try somewhere new and experience another view of the pitch, possibly taking somebody else's regular seat, who are even slower than we are.

We’ll there’s not exactly been a big rush round us, only 48 tickets sold in EU block I out of 618 available.

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'll apologise in advance to whoever's seats we have stolen, but please don't come and shout at me this time! ??‍♀️

I'll promise not to shout, will a dirty look be acceptable? ?

Our season tickets are next to an aisle and always seem to be the first to be snapped up. As it happens, it's given us the opportunity to sit next to friend who we sometimes travel to away games with, every cloud.........

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I'll promise not to shout, will a dirty look be acceptable? ?

Our season tickets are next to an aisle and always seem to be the first to be snapped up. As it happens, it's given us the opportunity to sit next to friend who we sometimes travel to away games with, every cloud.........

Just over 1,200 sold today.

Went and got 3 tickets in the south stand upper yesterday in E block,  but I can't understand why D block is closed. It was also closed for the Torquay game.

We're allowed to stand there all season no matter how big the away support   yet not for these games. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's pretty poor when we sell more tickets for away games than for a home fixture with very friendly pricing.

I just don't get it. Cheaper than watching non-league.

Non-league more interesting than a cup game against Barnsley I’m afraid. 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

In your opinion.

I suspect most people aren't going to either.

Well you said you don’t get it, so just offering my opinion. It’s not an interesting game, in a cup I think I’d personally rather not be in anyway. Straight after Christmas in likely cold weather. A lot of factors why no one can be bothered with it. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Well you said you don’t get it, so just offering my opinion. It’s not an interesting game, in a cup I think I’d personally rather not be in anyway. Straight after Christmas in likely cold weather. A lot of factors why no one can be bothered with it. 

Me and my dad be there through