Future changes to the way you login to this forum.

Day

The software developers have compiled a list of depreciations to the software that will be removed in later releases, one of which will change the way you login to this forum:

The ability to use a display name as a log in is deprecated and will be removed. Using an email address as part of the log in process is more secure than using a publicly visible display name.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/469586-feature-deprecations/

Whilst no date has been set for this change, I wanted to let you know now, giving you plenty of time to check the email address attached to your account and that it’s up to date.

When a date has been set by the developers, I will let you all know. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

might be worth you spamming this out to everyone's email account. I don't remember which of my dozens of email addresses I used! ?

And I bet you don’t check those email accounts, so even if I did send something out you wouldn’t see it…

I will be making this more visible with an alert when visiting the forum for both signed in members and guests when a date has been sent by the developers.

This is just the on your marks stage for all you athletes.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is there a place we can check which email address we used, please? @David

On a desktop, click your username at the top right of the page, then account settings.

On a mobile browser, 3 lines in the top right, then Account, then Account Settings.

You can also change your email through there just in case the email assigned to your account is no longer used.

9 hours ago, David said:

And I bet you don’t check those email accounts, so even if I did send something out you wouldn’t see it…

I will be making this more visible with an alert when visiting the forum for both signed in members and guests when a date has been sent by the developers.

This is just the on your marks stage for all you athletes.

Have you put anything in place to help @Boycie?

I'd hate to lose him because he cant log in.

On 13/10/2022 at 11:22, David said:

The software developers have compiled a list of depreciations to the software that will be removed in later releases, one of which will change the way you login to this forum:

Whilst no date has been set for this change, I wanted to let you know now, giving you plenty of time to check the email address attached to your account and that it’s up to date.

When a date has been set by the developers, I will let you all know. 

I've forgotten my password. 

• 1 year later...

It’s been a year and half now since I posted this announcement, we are set to make a change to email address logins this summer when the forum will undergo a makeover.

Make sure your email addresses are up to date, otherwise you will find yourself locked out of your account!