Our lowest position

Ramifications

9 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Just wanted to know, what is our lowest league position of all time? 

This is only for curiosity, I think Liam and the team are doing fine. 

Well when there were only 12 teams you could suggest we were very good or very bad 

9 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Just wanted to know, what is our lowest league position of all time? 

This is only for curiosity, I think Liam and the team are doing fine. 

I’m not sure Derby County have ever been lower than Div1.  Don’t think we have ever been in Div 2 

2 hours ago, Ramifications said:

Cheers. But I was wondering if you knew the answer on any given week?

Reason being, when we were 13th place last week wasn't it? I thought, maybe this could be the lowest position we have ever been. 

What does it matter?

No one is going to care we were 13th in September, it’ll be about where we are at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

What does it matter?

No one is going to care we were 13th in September, it’ll be about where we are at the end of the season. 

It’s a fair point though, just an interesting fact or observation. It won’t matter either way.

in our brief stints in the third tier, has there ever been a time where we’ve lost the first game of the season, for example, and sat in 17th or something? Or was 13th, as temporary as it may be, the lowest we’ve ever been. 

37 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s a fair point though, just an interesting fact or observation. It won’t matter either way.

in our brief stints in the third tier, has there ever been a time where we’ve lost the first game of the season, for example, and sat in 17th or something? Or was 13th, as temporary as it may be, the lowest we’ve ever been. 

We lost the opening game in 84/85 1-0 at Bournemouth but to be honest back then nobody bothered with league tables till at least 6 games in. Incidentally the other 3 opening games when we were in the third tier we won all 3 with an aggregate score of 12-3

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I’m not sure Derby County have ever been lower than Div1.  Don’t think we have ever been in Div 2 

Assuming you mean League 2 when you say Div 2 ( if you don’t use the correct terminology it can get confusing as we’ve played in the first, second and third “divisions”) then no, we’ve never played below league 1 or, to avoid confusion, the third tier of English football. 

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Assuming you mean League 2 when you say Div 2 ( if you don’t use the correct terminology it can get confusing as we’ve played in the first, second and third “divisions”) then no, we’ve never played below league 1 or, to avoid confusion, the third tier of English football. 

Yea sorry League 2 is the old Div 4 which we have never graced ? lol

3 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

What does it matter?

I'll answer for myself rather than everybody else.

I love stats like this, even when they are largely meaningless.

But it's fine and reasonable that you're not interested.

On 18/09/2022 at 11:15, mrdave85 said:

What does it matter?

What does it matter who scored the winner on Saturday?
What does it matter that we had a fantastic evening out in Leeds in 2019, when our very next day out was pretty crap?
What does it matter that our very own Branko Strupar scored the first Prem goal of this millennium?
What does it matter what the score line was for the 1903 FA Cup final?  One winner, one loser.  The score line is immaterial!  

etc... etc... 

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

What does it matter who scored the winner on Saturday?
What does it matter that we had a fantastic evening out in Leeds in 2019, when our very next day out was pretty crap?
What does it matter that our very own Branko Strupar scored the first Prem goal of this millennium?
What does it matter what the score line was for the 1903 FA Cup final?  One winner, one loser.  The score line is immaterial!  

etc... etc... 

If we didn’t have stats, we’re just grown men watching other grown men kick a ball.