Absolutely delighted

Ratpackram

Rosenior should get a contract until the end of the 23/24 season which is an absolute no brainer. 

I really trust him as a coach. I understand that it can be frustrating at times, but I like how he's managed to create a system whereby we dominate the ball without a second thought. We've been a lot better in creating opportunities over the past week as things click in place. We're having the fourth most shots per game in the league. We've got the second highest amount of possession, the highest pass completion. A lot of areas we shouldn't take for granted.

To be fair to the guy, he gets interviewed an awful lot with very similar questions setting him up to present a positive response. It's natural he'll fall into some verbal ticks.

The thing is, he does actually seem absolutely delighted, and honest and passionate. It's nice to see and no doubt he'll find different ways to say the same thing as he moves forward.

7 hours ago, Chester40 said:

'Addresssed'....is pushing it. There is a LR thread where it gets some 'to n fro'.

Personally I don't see the rush . He's doing decent enough so far. Let's give it a reasonable amount of time before we jump to the conclusion we need to tie him down (on probably increased wages) to a long term contract we have to buy him out of if things slide.

DC barely knows him, why would he be so sure after a few weeks he's determined there is no better man for the job and needs to secure him, when there is very little chance Liam is going to be offered a better job elsewhere.

Seems sensible recruitment like you would see in most other professions.

Agree with all of this. TBH, I don't really see either party being in a rush. If Liam takes the team on a great run and DC says, 'well done son, let's get a contract sorted, we're happy to get this locked in now,' Rosey will doubtless be able to negotiate a better package than he could right now.

Likewise, if it doesn't go as well as is deemed acceptable, he won't have been fired, as he's never been formally in situ. Not a no-lose scenario, but as close as it gets, where football managers are concerned. 

My hunch would be that DC will have more reasonable short-term aspirations than most and will be absolutely delighted with what he's seen so far, with further significant improvement almost a given. If so, I think he's every right to be. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Rosenior should get a contract until the end of the 23/24 season which is an absolute no brainer. 

I really trust him as a coach. I understand that it can be frustrating at times, but I like how he's managed to create a system whereby we dominate the ball without a second thought. We've been a lot better in creating opportunities over the past week as things click in place. We're having the fourth most shots per game in the league. We've got the second highest amount of possession, the highest pass completion. A lot of areas we shouldn't take for granted.

Hold the phone. There is a team out there with more possession than us?

Shots I can understand. We’ve probably had double the attempts away from home than at Pride Park so far. 

Highest pass completion makes sense as we rarely pass it further than 30 yards.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hold the phone. There is a team out there with more possession than us?

Shots I can understand. We’ve probably had double the attempts away from home than at Pride Park so far. 

Highest pass completion makes sense as we rarely pass it further than 30 yards.

Ipswich, who seem to the team who are battling us in most of the same categories - they’re flying to be fair. The manager has really turned that club around and they looked nailed on for automatic promotion at the current rate.

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ipswich, who seem to the team who are battling us in most of the same categories - they’re flying to be fair. The manager has really turned that club around and they looked nailed on for automatic promotion at the current rate.

Think we know better than most how that can end up.  With the money spent and salaries  being funded, there will be a lot of pressure come the second part of the season.  Early days.