Knight at RB

WamRam

On 31/07/2022 at 13:54, angieram said:

There's a reason Knight is playing right back instead of Smith. The latter joined late and isn't up to full fitness yet, hence his substitution on 60 minutes. 

Knight might be 'wasted' at full back, but he is probably our fittest and most canny player.

Some people saying he played better in first half than second, but I sit in West Stand and thought he had a great second half too. He linked well with Mendez Laing, Sibley and started finding Bird too  once his marker tired.

Knight was my MOM yesterday.

He was MOTM as judged by the 26 posters who submitted ratings by quite a distance. The club need to sort this out. If we sell, it’s got to be for £8M at least. Put Corey-Smith at RB and put Knight where he will impact maximum damage - right midfielder. That’s the position from where he has also scored most goals. Also, judged by the ratings of the Oxford game, midfield was our weakest area. It’s the engine room. As a certain Brian Howerd Clough often said, “Win the midfield & you win the game, young man”. We only just won the game last Saturday because until Sibley came on, Oxford beat up Max Bird and stopped our service to the front line. Get Hourihane in 4 yards of space & bingo…back o’ the net. Knight is wasted in midfield. Take note Mr Rosenior, young man. 

55 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

After taking Beilik on loan , Birmingham are reportedly sniffing round Knight. Now into the last year of his contract Jason can talk to other clubs after Xmas. Do we cash in now or let him walk like Lawrence ? We could offer another contract but he will be looking for a good wage. Tricky one.

He wants to stay but he’s faced with that dilemma…Club need to be proactive here. Give him an extension…pay him a good wedge for another year and with Knight in the team all season, our liklihood of promotion goes up 25%. 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He was MOTM as judged by the 26 posters who submitted ratings by quite a distance. The club need to sort this out. If we sell, it’s got to be for £8M at least. Put Corey-Smith at RB and put Knight where he will impact maximum damage - right midfielder. That’s the position from where he has also scored most goals. Also, judged by the ratings of the Oxford game, midfield was our weakest area. It’s the engine room. As a certain Brian Howerd Clough often said, “Win the midfield & you win the game, young man”. We only just won the game last Saturday because until Sibley came on, Oxford beat up Max Bird and stopped our service to the front line. Get Hourihane in 4 yards of space & bingo…back o’ the net. Knight is wasted in midfield. Take note Mr Rosenior, young man. 

When I read this post, without thinking  I actually found myself saying it to myself in a voice impersonating the great man himself!!! ???

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Agree with your comments except we won’t get £8 mill for Knight. Florists got Toffalo for £2 mill because he only had a year left on his contract. Unfortunately with the takeover problems we could not renew his contract. Just heard we have got a striker from Everton . Thanks to Frank.

On 31/07/2022 at 11:22, Ellafella said:

We need Knight in midfield. Simple as that.

I though strongly suspect he’ll be gone soon although I perish the thought. He’s just too good and should be playing premiership football. £8 million and not a penny less.

@MickD something funny about that?? Would you care to explain, Sir? Come on, let’s be havin’ you! 

4C201BAA-29C4-4C35-AD3D-026051301E02.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella