Jack Parry

Crewton

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Sad news this morning. 

Derby lad, 20 years a Ram, record league appearances until King Kevin surpassed him, and a great wag to boot. RIP Jack. 

Legend gone, I hope the club do something to mark his passing. 

He still holds the record which will now probably never be surpassed:

Most league starts (although Zac has more league appearances by virtue of his substitute appearances.)

RIP Jack my condolences to his family

Edited by I DONT MIND

Jack was in the first Rams side I saw as a 10 year old in 1962.  He was originally an inside forward (remember them?) and converted to wing half during the latter part of his career. 

Came from a footballing family with at least three brothers who played senior football.  One of that rare breed these days a loyal player - as far as I can remember he only ever played for Derby.  Not sure about this but he may have gone on to play in non-league after he retired, most players of that era did that.

Dependably, rather than flashy, skilful ball player and took the penalties if Geoff Barrowcliffe was injured (which was often)

Another one gone - RIP Jack.

Bill

Edited by Bill Curry

I can't let Jack's passing go without comment either. He was my hero in those Rams teams of the late Fifties and early Sixties. He formed a great partnership with the other inside forward, George Darwin. Jack was an incredibly brave player: I'll never forget a diving header through a thicket of swinging boots to score the decisive second goal against Sunderland - right in front of the Boys Enclosure (admission 9 pence).