Attendances at pre-season games

Poynton ram

Couldn’t get to PP on Sat but watched the game on rams player and I think the attendance was @7000. The last preseason game I attended at PP was against Hoffenheim although can’t remember the attendance. Anyone know how Saturdays gate compares with other home preseason games. I am sure in the Jim Smith era when we played top Spanish or Italian sides it would have been 10k + so 7k not too shabby

Edited by Poynton ram

4 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Couldn’t get to PP on Sat but watched the game on rams player and I think the attendance was @7000. The last preseason game I attended at PP was against Hoffenheim although can’t remember the attendance. Anyone know how Saturdays gate compares with other home preseason games. I am sure in the Jim Smith era when we played top Spanish or Italian sides it would have been 10k + so 7k not too shabby

Nearly a sellout away end tomorrow if people don’t melt before they get there.

21 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Suspect the fact that all pre season games are now streamed live means it’s unlikely you’ll see as big gates now as we might have done in seasons gone by. Fair play to those who do travel to watch effectively meaningless games - that’s some commitment. I just pay a fiver to watch them at home I’m not going to lie! Save money for when the real games begin.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Suspect the fact that all pre season games are now streamed live means it’s unlikely you’ll see as big gates now as we might have done in seasons gone by. Fair play to those who do travel to watch effectively meaningless games - that’s some commitment. I just pay a fiver to watch them at home I’m not going to lie! Save money for when the real games begin.

I agree @Millenniumramthat they usually are & I don’t usually enjoy them but the Hertha game was competitive; so credit to LR, the players and Hertha who could’ve been forgiven for rolling their metaphorical socks down and strolled about. McGoldrick, Hourihane, the winger who scored (senior moment on his name), Bird, Thompson, Knight, Curtis et alia put in proper shifts and as we know it was sticky-hot. 

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Worest thing they have done personal I would get rid of them and have fans in stadiums.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I agree @Millenniumramthat they usually are & I don’t usually enjoy them but the Hertha game was competitive; so credit to LR, the players and Hertha who could’ve been forgiven for rolling their metaphorical socks down and strolled about. McGoldrick, Hourihane, the winger who scored (senior moment on his name), Bird, Thompson, Knight, Curtis et alia put in proper shifts and as we know it was sticky-hot. 

Didn’t mean for it to come across like I don’t enjoy them, more that the result doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. I still watch them on RamsTV and by and large I enjoy pre-season games - getting to see new players, as well as how we’re setting up for the season. Though the Hertha performance was absolutely brilliant considering the level of opponent. To beat a team like them, even in a friendly, was some coup. We played some wonderful stuff, and if we keep that up in the season proper, then Rosenior has us in a good place. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Didn’t mean for it to come across like I don’t enjoy them, more that the result doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. I still watch them on RamsTV and by and large I enjoy pre-season games - getting to see new players, as well as how we’re setting up for the season. Though the Hertha performance was absolutely brilliant considering the level of opponent. To beat a team like them, even in a friendly, was some coup. We played some wonderful stuff, and if we keep that up in the season proper, then Rosenior has us in a good place. 

Who are you and what have you done with the original @Millenniumram?!

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Worest thing they have done personal I would get rid of them and have fans in stadiums.

Get what you mean and agree with you to an extent B4 - trouble is, there’s a balance to be struck. Fans like me would attend games if they weren’t on RamsTV true, which would boost attendances slightly. But there’s a lot of fans elsewhere in the country who couldn’t justify the same travel expense on a friendly that they do for competitive games. They’ll still want to watch the games though, which is why RamsTV is great.

Wouldn't personally ever go to a friendly or watch on TV, brief check of the result is about the level of my interest. It is a effectively a training exercise at the end of the day. In todays heat as well not sure what level of football you can even expect to see.