Vote for Derby to be named the home of Great British Railways (GBR)

Day

10 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

hi all

Please do get behind this, it's very important for all kinds of reasons.

Please also give your support to MEMRAP who are campaigning to get the railway restored between Matlock and Buxton, something which would have huge benefits for everyone, both locals and visitors alike.  Oh and BTW under the MEMRAP plan the Monsal Trail would be retained, improved and rerouted so there would be no loss for walkers, cyclists etc, quite the opposite in fact as the plan is for the trains to include bicycle carriages.  The trains would be integrated with local buses, and the stations would provide easy access to the new Trail.

Thanks for reading.

COYR!!!

Opening the Matlock to Buxton line makes sense along with OHLE on more routes and eventually ERTMS which is on board signalling and trains using dry ice to clean the tracks. 
This would give more benefits to more people than the billions spent on HS2.

Edited by cstand

9 minutes ago, cstand said:

Opening the Matlock to Buxton line makes sense along with OHLE on more routes and eventually ERTMS which is on board signalling and trains using dry ice to clean the tracks. 
This would give more benefits to more people than the billions spent on HS2.

So much for levelling up, when we were in Stevenage last week I noticed the trains between Stevenage and London ran every 3 minutes.

40 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

So much for levelling up, when we were in Stevenage last week I noticed the trains between Stevenage and London ran every 3 minutes.

TBF a fast train out of Stevenage is a basic human right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why some miseries are choosing to politicize this together with almost any other non football related topic on the forums...

Personally I think this is a great idea and I've submitted my Derby vote. (which I believe is the best choice out of the lot with derby's railway heritage and ongoing manufacturing base).

Let's hope we win it,the city deserves it.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not sure why some miseries are choosing to politicize this together with almost any other non football related topic on the forums...

Personally I think this is a great idea and I've submitted my Derby vote. (which I believe is the best choice out of the lot with derby's railway heritage and ongoing manufacturing base).

Let's hope we win it,the city deserves it.

Life is political?

The only way Derby wins it is if we promise more unicorns. I've voted for that.