We will rise again

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's not just food.

Clothes.  School shoes.  Cars and fuel and/or train/bus fares.  Gas and electric bills.  Furniture.  "White goods" and domestic electric goods.
"Cost of living" is just that.  Everything we need... or that we perceive as being necessities... increases in price. 

The only way through it is to cut down on luxuries... holidays... pubs... restaurants... Coffee shops... sandwich bars... Cinemas... Ballet lessons... Football matches... et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!
... And with that comes job losses, as some of those places have to close, or at best reduce staff levels.

Before you know it, the centre circle has been replaced with a vicious circle!  

For clothes shows

Cinerma look out for deals out there like insiders cards what ever you buy comes as points which comes as pounds on it. Look at meerkat different cinermas offer different things same with coffee shops certain things you can make at home.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

For clothes shows

Cinerma look out for deals out there like insiders cards what ever you buy comes as points which comes as pounds on it. Look at meerkat different cinermas offer different things same with coffee shops certain things you can make at home.

Cheers pal.

I feel richer already.  ??

39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

For clothes shows

Your hearts in the right place but unfortunately B4 these sorts of thing don’t really help when you can’t afford to cover your mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, water, food, etc etc.

It won’t just be Derby that suffer, every club will see a drop more than likely.

2 hours ago, seths-cap said:

Your hearts in the right place but unfortunately B4 these sorts of thing don’t really help when you can’t afford to cover your mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, water, food, etc etc.

It won’t just be Derby that suffer, every club will see a drop more than likely.

Have tried looking at different gas suppliers and same with water one.

If thinking internet you could try looking into another board band perhaps say to them thinking about leaving they will offer you a better deal.

Try watch eat well for less they come up with different ideas that may well work for you or not.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Have tried looking at different gas suppliers and same with water one.

If thinking internet you could try looking into another board band perhaps say to them thinking about leaving they will offer you a better deal.

Try watch eat well for less they come up with different ideas that may well work for you or not.

I appreciate what you’re trying to do mate but unfortunately I think those suggestions are like trying to put a plaster on something that requires stitches right now. 

At the minute I think everyone is assessing what’s they’re essentials are and cutting out the luxuries and unfortunately watching your team is one of those. 

1 hour ago, admira said:

Trains even more and there is no bus service. It's hardly an excuse.

image.png.8bbdba84b14b3cceedb0c78769f9dcfd.png

Sh*t the bed. Aren’t we supposed to be trying to encourage people to stop driving? How can they justify that price? ?

1 hour ago, seths-cap said:

Sh*t the bed. Aren’t we supposed to be trying to encourage people to stop driving? How can they justify that price? ?

Train prices are so inconsistent. I've just bought Ipswich to Edinburgh return on August bank holiday for £55 return!

51 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Year derby county

I don’t know you’re circumstances B4 but from the way you’re speaking I’ll assume you don’t run you’re own household. 

I’ve been a fan of Derby since I was 10. In terms of my list of the important things in my life, I place them very close to the top but what they don’t come before is making sure my family are, safe, warm and fed. At the present minute the cost to do so have reached a level where everyone is having to make sacrifices and as much as I love my club, making sure I can take care of my family comes way before.

I wish I could meet my friends before the game for a couple, grab a burger and pint at the ground, watch the football and another sneaky pint before the journey home but the cost to do so would eat in to me being able to do all the things I listed above and I’m not prepared to do that. 

I will follow in every other way possible and once I can afford that luxury again I’ll be back but for now, reluctantly, cutting back is the option I have to take.

What you’re doing by making the statements you are, comes across to me as questioning peoples loyalty and implying that they’ve took the decision lightly. It also comes across as if your are (intentionally or not) showing no sympathy for or understanding other peoples circumstances.

This is not a dig, it’s an attempt to show you a side of the world you may not have been exposed to and to hopefully show others a little more compassion due to their situation.

Cost of living , and travel ,will definitely impact crowd figures for next season. Even if we'd have stayed in the championship. Talk of gas and electric going up by another 50% again in October. Fuel costs up massively, especially for fans coming from any distance. High inflation, low or no pay rise. Something has to be given up .

8 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Cost of living , and travel ,will definitely impact crowd figures for next season. Even if we'd have stayed in the championship. Talk of gas and electric going up by another 50% again in October. Fuel costs up massively, especially for fans coming from any distance. High inflation, low or no pay rise. Something has to be given up .

The economies won't bite for everyone though. The people with the higher disposable incomes won't be affected at all. Flight and tour operators can't deal with the demand of people wanting to go abroad again on their holidays. Some families won't have to give anything up at all. It may turn supporting a football club into a middle class event like watching La Boheme at Glyndebourne.

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The economies won't bite for everyone though. The people with the higher disposable incomes won't be affected at all. Flight and tour operators can't deal with the demand of people wanting to go abroad again on their holidays. Some families won't have to give anything up at all. It may turn supporting a football club into a middle class event like watching La Boheme at Glyndebourne.

To be fair, Glyndebourne did well to get a draw, but I reckon La B's will still win the replay, despite their fixture pile up, and having to travel all that way!  

Come on La B's!  

Like I say shop around bound to bargins to be had and with school shops depanding how old your kids are if in juniors go to Paco they do some cheap school wear in big pound shop in city centre. Even if In senior years 7 to 16 years old. You still might be able to find some of shop on a budget but start looking now you could pick up for next to nrothing depanding on colours of school uniforms.