Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

That’s extremely unlikely. Marinakis understands the positivity surrounding Cooper from the fan base. If he was going to get rid of him, he’s had several opportunities already this season. 

But after he keeps us up? Don’t be silly. 

Wasn't the roumor that the manager he wanted to bring in turned it down so had to stick with Nottingham's most handsom man?

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

That’s extremely unlikely. Marinakis understands the positivity surrounding Cooper from the fan base. If he was going to get rid of him, he’s had several opportunities already this season. 

"If reports in Spain are to be believed, then the club have been assessing their options. According to El Partidazo de COPE , Forest have seen an offer to immediately take over as manager ‘rejected’ by former Athletic Bilbao coach Marcelino.

The report adds that the 57-year-old turned down the offer due to him preferring to start a new role in the new season, due to him wanting to work on a project ‘from the beginning’. It is said that he has also had contact from Crystal Palace, Wolves and Everton this season."

You tried to sack him at least once this season. Just because nobody wanted to go to Nottingham doesn't mean Marinakis wouldn't sack Cooper in an instant if his preferred choice accepted his offer.

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

"If reports in Spain are to be believed, then the club have been assessing their options. According to El Partidazo de COPE , Forest have seen an offer to immediately take over as manager ‘rejected’ by former Athletic Bilbao coach Marcelino.

The report adds that the 57-year-old turned down the offer due to him preferring to start a new role in the new season, due to him wanting to work on a project ‘from the beginning’. It is said that he has also had contact from Crystal Palace, Wolves and Everton this season."

You tried to sack him at least once this season. Just because nobody wanted to go to Nottingham doesn't mean Marinakis wouldn't sack Cooper in an instant if his preferred choice accepted his offer.

If we were "trying" to sack him then they would have. The media spew all kinds of nonsense regarding Cooper.

It wouldn't surprise me if he kept SC in charge even if we went down, given the optimism of the fanbase. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

Big moment this weekend RD. Tough games for the others and Chelsea in chaos despite 1 win. Southampton are gone and the other two bottom sides are in 'shocking' and 'poor' form respectively. Sadly, even a point might be enough for you lot as I don't see the bottom 3 getting much from the remaining games. That goal difference might yet be a factor though.

If Leeds and Leicester lose and we get a point, I think that'll probably be enough. 

Tough game though. Despite Frank's incompetence Chelsea have some fabulous players. 

Especially if he keeps you up - if you go down then that’s his only chance of keeping his job 

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

If we were "trying" to sack him then they would have. The media spew all kinds of nonsense regarding Cooper.

It wouldn't surprise me if he kept SC in charge even if we went down, given the optimism of the fanbase. 

Nope. They won't sack him if his replacement isn't available. Your replacement turned you down, so you've had to stick with him. Lets not pretend that Marinakis gives a s*** about any nebulous concept such as "optimism of the fanbase" 😂

It wouldn't surprise me if he kept SC in charge even if we went down, given the delusions of the fanbase. 

FTFY

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Especially if he keeps you up - if you go down then that’s his only chance of keeping his job 

Hi Red Dawn. I can see what Sparkle is saying. If Forest stay up they are a more attractive option for a foreign manager.

33 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

FTFY

The bitterness really is obvious.

23 years of managerial turmoil. Megson, Cotterill, McLaren, Houghton and all realms of bad managers.. We finally got some top class and you can't stand it.. 👀

Happy to stick with the League One Guardiola next year?

12 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

Hi Red Dawn. I can see what Sparkle is saying. If Forest stay up they are a more attractive option for a foreign manager.

I don't see EM sacking something for achieving what he was targeted to do. Particularly given the fans enthusiasm for Cooper.

I stand to be corrected, but its extremely unlikely IMO.

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

The bitterness really is obvious.

23 years of managerial turmoil. Megson, Cotterill, McLaren, Houghton and all realms of bad managers.. We finally got some top class and you can't stand it.. 👀

Happy to stick with the League One Guardiola next year?

See you in Championship in 2024, assuming your Greek guy doesn't want his £250m back. . 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

See you in Championship in 2024, assuming your Greek guy doesn't want his £250m back. . 

No, Im afraid the Brian Clough trophy is going to stay with them for ages now. The only way we could win it back is if we got promoted this season. Now I can’t see us playing Forest again for a very long time. 

they’ll get relegated this season, so if we had gone up through the playoffs, we could’ve played them next season.

But Phil the Greek will call in his debt, which will send them into a spiral, and back to back relegations. Meanwhile we’ll soar the top of league 1 and we’ll be ships that cross in the night. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I don't see EM sacking something for achieving what he was targeted to do. Particularly given the fans enthusiasm for Cooper.

I stand to be corrected, but its extremely unlikely IMO.

We will see as you say but your seeing things through what you want to happen not what your owner wants to happen