Jack Thompson

i-Ram

I haven't seen him play, but from someone who has I've been told that he looks very much one for the future. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised to see him at least named on the bench next season in our current plight. 

Anyway, as with our situation, any player without a professional contract is free to join whoever they want and in this case (based on what I've been told) I'm not surprised Spurs and City make the list. I guess for us it will be a name to remember to see where he lands in 5-6 years. 

Jack's a family friend, a real good lad who loves our club. Now at 15 his future is in the hands of Q. It's disgusting. They'll see it as a way of raising their huge fees which increase by thousands of pounds a day.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

12 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Jack's a family friend, a real good lad who loves our club. Now at 15 his future is in the hands of Q. It's disgusting. They'll see it as a way of raising their huge fees which increase by thousands of pounds a day.

Can't see how we can really force people to leave. Maybe this lad sees a big club as a good opportunity regardless of his love for the rams, and noone can fault him for that, especially at the moment, but it does look like him and the lad who went to Villa didn't have any great interest in moving. You're playing with 15 and 16 year old lives here - just making them up sticks as and potentially screwing them up for life in the process.

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

Can't see how we can really force people to leave. Maybe this lad sees a big club as a good opportunity regardless of his love for the rams, and noone can fault him for that, especially at the moment, but it does look like him and the lad who went to Villa didn't have any great interest in moving. You're playing with 15 and 16 year old lives here - just making them up sticks as and potentially screwing them up for life in the process.

I agree, but there's no evidence that he's looking to leave or that Quantuma are touting him around. It smacks of either tapping up or agents doing their "job". 

22 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

I agree, but there's no evidence that he's looking to leave or that Quantuma are touting him around. It smacks of either tapping up or agents doing their "job". 

Without a professional contract we'll be getting a handful of magic beans for him even if multiple of these billionaire clubs are interested and there wont be anything we can do about it.

On 05/04/2022 at 17:42, GenBr said:

Without a professional contract we'll be getting a handful of magic beans for him even if multiple of these billionaire clubs are interested and there wont be anything we can do about it.

He' can't sign a pro-contract until he's 17, so we can't tie him down for more than a year yet anyway. Hopefully, we get the take-over sorted quickly so there's no need to raise money immediately.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

He' can't sign a pro-contract until he's 17, so we can't tie him down for more than a year yet anyway. Hopefully, we get the take-over sorted quickly so there's no need to raise money immediately.

Even if we get taken over we wont be able to stop it if he wants to leave

On 07/04/2022 at 07:12, GenBr said:

Even if we get taken over we wont be able to stop it if he wants to leave

I saw him last night. Jack's over the moon that there is now hope that we will be taken over soon. He doesn't want to leave and his parents don't want him to leave. He has been playing with the academy since he was eight. The whole family is very grateful for what Derby County has done for Jack, they live in Derbyshire, love our club and at this time they want Jack's future to be here. They're a true Rams family.

10 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I saw him last night. Jack's over the moon that there is now hope that we will be taken over soon. He doesn't want to leave and his parents don't want him to leave. He has been playing with the academy since he was eight. The whole family is very grateful for what Derby County has done for Jack, they live in Derbyshire, love our club and at this time they want Jack's future to be here. They're a true Rams family.

Thats great! Really good news. We've lost to many players in recent months that never wanted to leave us. Hope we get sorted soon and we dont have to lose anyone else.