F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The Ferrari engines as they exit the curve and go full throttle are so much louder than the rest. I am not sure if it is audible on TV but very noticeable by the side of the track. Bit of a shame that Sainz is starting so far back because I think it might need both Ferraris to stop RB

It's going to be entertaining as Sainz makes his way through the field, but yes, I suspect just being able to switch Perez and Verstappen pit stops around to snooker Leclerc is going to be a headache for Ferrari. It did seem Ferrari has more pace overall.

On TV the sound is equalised heavily in production so no, the Ferrari isn't noticeably louder.

Oh Charles...oh...sad day for the title fight as i really don't think they'll blow it from this position.

Oh Ferrari...why, why do you do these things...came up with a title fighting car, a driver gifted enough to fight for it, a second driver good enough to be scoring regular podiums (ok a duff start to the year but carlos is a good driver) and then find every possible way to blow it. Even managed to get Sainz down 1 if not 2 places through bungling a pit stop then bungling how and when to serve the pen....

Good day for Mercedes.

Bad day for Perez, thet should've been an easy 1-2 for red bull but both Lewis and George dunked him.

Good job from ol Fred.

For the much talked about demise of danny ric, he's gradually being only mediocer next to Lando instead of truely horrifying, i guess.

Daddie's cash buys a single point.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Oh Charles, oh Ferrari, oh dear dear dear what a mess

It's like they've not been a title winning team for 15 years or something and forgot how to deal with it.

I feel for Leclerc, it's his mistake and he'll have to deal with that but hopefully in the best way. He's got the talent and a car and at least there's still plenty of races to go.

Yeah, I think Perez has got a few things going on. Mostly I think he's just struggling with the updates to the car, he really struggled with updates last season as well, but, he's also got his contract and I can't help but think realized (been telt by Dr Marko) red bull won't let him fight Max for the title might be taking that edge off.

However, getting mugged like that was a bad look.

Still, could be worse for him, he'snot driving a Ferrari and he's still in F1.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, I think Perez has got a few things going on. Mostly I think he's just struggling with the updates to the car, he really struggled with updates last season as well, but, he's also got his contract and I can't help but think realized (been telt by Dr Marko) red bull won't let him fight Max for the title might be taking that edge off.

However, getting mugged like that was a bad look.

Still, could be worse for him, he'snot driving a Ferrari and he's still in F1.

That is my take on Perez, his form taking a dip ever since he could of won, but had to pull over and let Max through.

3 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

That is my take on Perez, his form taking a dip ever since he could of won, but had to pull over and let Max through.

The Mark Rubens BariBottas role.

It's a shame as if he'd been fully commited to trying to Nico Rosberg it, it could've made a the title fight more fun and opened it up for Leclerc a bit, but it's not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The Mark Rubens BariBottas role.

It's a shame as if he'd been fully commited to trying to Nico Rosberg it, it could've made a the title fight more fun and opened it up for Leclerc a bit, but it's not going to happen.

Agreed, you sort of heard it on the radio, he wasn't happy about it. It's a shame they probably told him he would be able to race for wins.

So after a very Ferrari weekend in France leaves Max in a dominant position to waltz to his second title, we have a race this weekend where Charles Leclerc could really do with a win, a win with a few cars between him and Max ideally. It's the Hungaroring.

Not usually my favorite track, for many years not really offering much passing, but I suspect my perception is probably more negative than the reality and given the new regs are at least somewhat successful in letting cars follow closer, hopefully it'll be a good one.

Last year the race is mostly remembered for the new sport of Bottas Bowling being invented, Lewis taking the restart by himself, Ocon not being overtaken by Seb, and Alonso's magnificent defence against Lewis for a number of laps. oh, and Georie boy getting points. So, who's going to take on the role of decimating the red bull efforts? I think perhaps Ocon if he has a good qualifying could launch it in celebration of last year's triumph and as a tribute to Bottas' heroics.

The Ferrari has generally been a bit better in the twisty stuff whilst the red bull has had the edge on top speed, so we may well see another pole from Charles.

Will Mercedes be closer to the top two teams?

How will the McLaren vs Alpine midfield fight develop?

Will Haas stay ahead of Mr Stroll Sr's Ego F1 Team?

Can Alex Albon magic a point for Williams?

All this and more at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Make the most of it, they take August off until Spa.

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So after a very Ferrari weekend in France leaves Max in a dominant position to waltz to his second title, we have a race this weekend where Charles Leclerc could really do with a win, a win with a few cars between him and Max ideally. It's the Hungaroring.

Not usually my favorite track, for many years not really offering much passing, but I suspect my perception is probably more negative than the reality and given the new regs are at least somewhat successful in letting cars follow closer, hopefully it'll be a good one.

Last year the race is mostly remembered for the new sport of Bottas Bowling being invented, Lewis taking the restart by himself, Ocon not being overtaken by Seb, and Alonso's magnificent defence against Lewis for a number of laps. oh, and Georie boy getting points. So, who's going to take on the role of decimating the red bull efforts? I think perhaps Ocon if he has a good qualifying could launch it in celebration of last year's triumph and as a tribute to Bottas' heroics.

The Ferrari has generally been a bit better in the twisty stuff whilst the red bull has had the edge on top speed, so we may well see another pole from Charles.

Will Mercedes be closer to the top two teams?

How will the McLaren vs Alpine midfield fight develop?

Will Haas stay ahead of Mr Stroll Sr's Ego F1 Team?

Can Alex Albon magic a point for Williams?

All this and more at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Make the most of it, they take August off until Spa.

Sainz has got to be in with a shout. He got pole for Leclerc in France. If he hadn't started from the back or had to deal with Ferraris bonkers strategy he would have been right up there. I was impressed  throughout the whole w/e. I also hope Mercedes really get in the mix, 3 top reams gunning for a win would be fantastic