The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Just to add to the above, I spoke to a West Ham fan yesterday and he said when Upton Park was sold they sold every seat for £400. That’s £12 million right there for Clowes or MM to dip their snouts into. On top of that, all they did to UP and Highbury is make the pitch into gardens and turn the stands into luxury flats, so no expensive clearance costs either.

In short, it’s a very good investment for a redeveloper and where the money is in this whole saga, I’m afraid.

Ah but there were clearance costs because the stands were demolished to make way for those awful blocks of flats. Just part of one stand remains. At least the Boleyn pub on the corner is still there.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

There’s no chance that Derby are going under, chillax.

I’ll streak across the City Ground pitch with a Forest tattoo on my arse if we do.

I agree but what sort of Derby County will it be !

Not sure that would be a good look .

Maybe I need to be sparked out ? lol 

Edited by Curtains
Altered

59 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So what, it’s a Game of golf which was probably arranged when the Yank was saying he was buying us and it’s probably at some course which is difficult to get a game on as well 

It was pointing out that the picture was from his Insta as the previous post didn't have a date/name.

Yeah I'm sure they'd have had to book their course time well in advance.

As for giving a damn, well he's always been a bit of an idiot and so what if him and CK are best buddies, but a little feeling for the Derby fans wouldn't have gone amiss, he could have posted it to his mates only. Unless it's a message to show us that CK is still interested, in which case he can go .... himself.

I see people are still reading 'between the lines' to draw conclusions and make accusations for themselves to get angry at. And for other people to then take as fact to get angry at, also.

People making stuff up, or repeating things which have already been disproven, when called out on it revert to claiming that this counts as defending the administrators.

Not spewing out any old rubbish that comes into your head, instead looking at things logically and sensibly is taken to be 'making excuses', do that and you get accused of being part of the problem and facilitating the shysters. In some bizarre twist you're the one acting like a 10 year old.

Apparently screaming and shouting, accusing people of saying things they haven't, painting them into a position they don't hold and citing their attitude as one of the reasons we're in this mess (now that's insulting) is very mature, however.

The repeated outrage at the EFL being 'blackballed' when it's simply not the case. The notion that the administrators should cut dead any potential bid from any third party who doesn't want to engage on this with the EFL at this stage could well be something that helps liquidate us if it leaves us with no bidders, or a bidder who doesn't particularly mind picking up the pieces after liquidation!

It's just such an ill thought out idea, as well as being mildly hypocritical, but as long as it's the opposite of what the administrators do it must be good, it must be right.

The cost of the club is rising with each loan that gets given out, interest etc is a direct result of there not being a firm offer to take forward using the set out criteria.

That being the case the 'bidders' (a term which can be used very loosely given their continued reluctance to actually bid) have shot themselves in the foot.

Not being willing to match CK's bid in February/March, taking their ball and going home when a PB was in place and not being ready with a bid for if/when it fell apart, -  people on here will tell you that they could see it coming a mile off, but apparently the other bidders couldn't? -  going in with lowball offers etc

It's all lead to this, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are a Sparky right 

Yeap, I’d enjoy the journey back to where you think we belong. It’d be great.

Edited by Boycie
You could join us when we get there

54 minutes ago, curb said:

They don’t become free agents, their registration passes to the EFL who will sell them to pay football debts. 

Are you sure curb? Surely liquidation would automatically terminate a player's contract and the player becomes a free agent and therefore entitled to sign for another club?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, as @Sparklesaid, Q don't know if there is a work-around as it seems they've not asked.

Why would they as they don’t want to tempt fate. .

Option 1 or 2 has to be done the other option is unthinkable especially as Boycie is getting a Forest tattoo on his “#$e

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why would they as they don’t want to tempt fate. .

Option 1 or 2 has to be done the other option is unthinkable especially as Boycie is getting a Forest tattoo on his “#$e

You have to know what the other possibilities are. The EFL should also be made aware of the real financial situation, not just, well we're looking for another Alonso/Kirchner/Sheik to pay more than the Club is worth.

Edited by RoyMac5