The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What, even if a Phoenix club is created and somehow manages to keep playing it’s home games at PP?

I hate what Mel has allowed to happen at Derby but I am not vindictive enough to refuse to attend PP.

If a Phoenix club was created, where it plays it’s home games is quite a dilemma. Obviously to stay in Derby would be preferable as we are a Derby club and I think we’d lose a lot of fans in we ground shared at somewhere like Notts County. Many of us have pledged to keep supporting Derby regardless and, whilst no doubt we’d lose a few, I doubt the Pirelli would be big enough.

Obviously the cost would very likely be prohibitive but, unlike Curtains, my preference would be to remain at PP. Sadly though, it would all come down to predicted attendances v costs. I suspect costs would win.

I think you misunderstood me .

Im talking if Mel doesn’t give the Stadium back and we fold I will never set foot in Pride Park area again .

If the City Council don’t help they should also be held responsible.

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The City Council need to step in and save the club .

Whats happened to them after all their noise and good intentions and what’s happened to the MPs ! 

The days of councils owning let alone buying a football ground these days is a thing of the past.

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Nothing. 

No one would want it .

It would be tainted 

I don`t think for a minute that MM doesn`t know what the residual value is in the worst case scenario.

I think he has full clarity of the various scenarios and what his options might be.

I also read in an article somewhere, that under EFL rules on exiting administration via a new owner, they have to guarantee use of a Stadium for 10 years. I can`t for the life of me remember where I read it or find it again. But if that is the case, that would strengthen MM hand in the situation, particularly if he has a back up plan for re-development.

I guess what I`m trying to say is that as has been hinted at by Kirchner and other reports, the Stadium issue is very complicated.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

That article states he didn't take a penny of that profit, in either dividend or interest repayments on his loans, which were interest free.

Yes but if the clubs been making profits for those 10 years he isn't subsidising losses of £15 million every year either.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I said help to save the club not buy it .

And how can they help save the club,i would imagine by monetary assistance,councils can't afford to maintain basic requirements nowadays without getting involved with a football club draining it of much needed resources.

28 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

I thought I read somewhere that the city council would not allow the land to be redeveloped for any other purpose?

I hope that`s never put to the test, but I wouldn`t believe it for 1 minute if the worst happened.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

And how can they help save the club,i would imagine by monetary assistance,councils can't afford to maintain basic requirements nowadays without getting involved with a football club draining it of much needed resources.

Well you are better off than Nuneaton in your posh bit lol 

17 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Just to put the record straight, just because I don`t have a season ticket at Pride Park, it doesn`t make me a Derby Hater.

I have far too many connections to the club, and have a level of affection for a club that has given me a lot of happy memories. I am also a football fan and understand the hurt that the true fans are feeling. It`s a God awful situation, created by one man and I am genuinely concerned for the future of the club. But, as I have a good degree less emotional attachment to the club than most on here, I can stand back and look at things in a slightly different way. I bloody well hope my fears and concerns are proved wrong.

By the way - nice choice of soundtrack!

So you are not a Derby fan or you would say so? The post you replied to said your were a Forest fan. I note you dont say you arent, just that you dont hate Derby.  I just dont understand why someone would sign up to comment on a FANS forum this week to suddenly post about things we've all been discussing for months and worrying about for months when not a Derby fan? Why? You seem to think you have some major insight noone else has. To be blunt you really really dont. The tone of you posts is patronising - if you had bothered to read many of these threads you would see a vast range of experience and financial expertise which has provided a great insight into what is going on and has for a long time.
in addition, the manner of your posts shows a distinct lack of empathy for those on here really struggling with things and this is really affecting people - some need to feel a bit more optimistic to get through it and why not. 
As most on here are totally familiar with Derby's position your insights and ability " to look at things in a different way" which you may have mentioned a few times may be more at use on a Chelski forum where they are new to all of this and may need a helping hand with it all.

40 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Well a simple calculation on those numbers is £3m profit, then there is the land that he "removed" from Club ownership and is now developing. Plus god knows what other monies he generated via interest, Director payments and fees etc etc.

Mike Ashley will not have lost any cash as a result of his tenure at Newcastle.

He made £5.5m from the land:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/07/mike-ashley-made-5-5m-personal-profit-from-selling-nufc-land-new-accounts-published-newcastle-united/