Fraudulent trading

Bribery

Falsifying documents

False accounting

Health & safety breaches

Negligence

Tax evasion

Data protection breaches

None of the above. Fraudulent trading is the only remotely plausible allegation. But the Efl loan thing was only finalised in the summer … and we were excluded. He was actively trying to sell the club so not trying to carry on trading regardless.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Mel needs to do the right thing, and make sure all of the small local businesses he shafted are repaid. He remains an extremely wealthy man. He should ensure no one’s livelihood is impacted by his folly.

Completely agree. If he also wants to return PP to the club, then that's also acceptable! 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Mel needs to do the right thing, and make sure all of the small local businesses he shafted are repaid. He remains an extremely wealthy man. He should ensure no one’s livelihood is impacted by his folly.

Agree with the sentiment but that ship has sailed for the employees who have already lost their jobs. Simply put, you dont get to where he got to by just being a nice man. Owing money to the ambulance service FFS, I simply could not look at myself in the mirror

Yeah, it's just not right is it. I don't know the man at all, but his actions (and management of the club) leave a hell of a lot to be desired. Not only has he put the future of the club in doubt, but the impact on local businesses and people's livelihoods leaves a bitter taste.

1 hour ago, cool_as_custard said:

Rams fan Andy Mitchell is fundraising for St John's Ambulance to see if he/we can raise the £8,000 that Mel left them hanging for. Going well so far but if anyone can help here is the link:-

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stjohndcfc?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socpledgemobile&utm_content=stjohndcfc&utm_campaign=post-pledge-mobile&utm_term=K6Yx7jQn6

Just contributed, nearly half way there.

2 hours ago, cool_as_custard said:

Rams fan Andy Mitchell is fundraising for St John's Ambulance to see if he/we can raise the £8,000 that Mel left them hanging for. Going well so far but if anyone can help here is the link:-

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stjohndcfc?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socpledgemobile&utm_content=stjohndcfc&utm_campaign=post-pledge-mobile&utm_term=K6Yx7jQn6

I think this should be moved to its own thread with its own title to get more attention, hope one of the mods agrees with me.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I think this should be moved to its own thread with its own title to get more attention, hope one of the mods agrees with me.

I've moved the original post into its own thread, but can't work out how to move your replies. 

So, if you want to comment again in the new thread, please do.

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

None of the above. Fraudulent trading is the only remotely plausible allegation. But the Efl loan thing was only finalised in the summer … and we were excluded. He was actively trying to sell the club so not trying to carry on trading regardless.

I wasn't suggesting that the former DCFC owner had committed any offences. Just pointing out the potential. Actually of those listed, negligence is a possibility, in such circumstances. Very difficult to prove, so those who might be guilty usually get off the hook.