Academy Prospects

Taribo

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With a 2 man midfield, and assuming Bielik, Bird and Knight are sold...

Do you really want to go into a season with Shinnie, Watson, LThompson and Dixon as your options?
2 starters, 2 backups - Shinnie, Watson, LThompson, and a signing who has experience.

Watson isn't likely going to play as 1 of 2 central midfielders is he, more likely as a "no.10".

Shinnie (Dixon) Bird (Thompson)

Sibley (Watson)

One thing to bear in mind is the number of academy youngsters who have left us in the recent past to NOT go on to better things.

I think that some of our academy prospects who are currently on the verge of better things, like Cashin, Brown, Dixon, Hutchinson, Watson, Williams will be relishing a good chance of a decent wage and regular first team football at Derby. At division one level.

Yes, we might lose some of the more established academy products, but we have enough still coming through there to give us some exciting times. 

So far, the administrators have signalled their intention to maintain the academy. Of all the things talked about, I hope they do acheive on this. It is our future. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

One thing to bear in mind is the number of academy youngsters who have left us in the recent past to NOT go on to better things.

I think that some of our academy prospects who are currently on the verge of better things, like Cashin, Brown, Dixon, Hutchinson, Watson, Williams will be relishing a good chance of a decent wage and regular first team football at Derby. At division one level.

Yes, we might lose some of the more established academy products, but we have enough still coming through there to give us some exciting times. 

So far, the administrators have signalled their intention to maintain the academy. Of all the things talked about, I hope they do acheive on this. It is our future. 

That’s what I am hoping. Those that have made it like Knight and Bird will attract interest and may get their heads turned. festy is so exciting he is in that bracket too. Just depends. But Cashin and Williams … huge chance to grow and become big names in a young side. It’s Watson I want to see. From what I’ve seen he is a rare thing .. A little lad who makes himself strong.  Only seen him a handful of cameos but just when you expected to see him brushed off / bowled over he seems to have that body balance and stance that enabled him to hold off a bigger stronger opponent. Something Sibley needs to learn. 

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

So do the academy players who've been on the fringes and just started to look like breaking through go in the summer as it stands ? The likes of Watson, Ebosele, Stretton etc ?

I believe so. Could only offer 1 year deals under the embargo. Massive few months coming up to extend those deals.

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Watson isn't likely going to play as 1 of 2 central midfielders is he, more likely as a "no.10".

Shinnie (Dixon) Bird (Thompson)

Sibley (Watson)

I see him as more of a deep lying playmaker

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's only Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Jozwiak contracted beyond the summer as things stand.

I thought Buchanan was- uh oh

What about the likes of Watson, Thompson, Cashin and Stretton? Are you including them?

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I believe so. Could only offer 1 year deals under the embargo. Massive few months coming up to extend those deals.

I see him as more of a deep lying playmaker

Lol just read this, ignore my question