Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

53 minutes ago, sage said:

We didn't score enough in the first ten overs. That cost us the game. 35 for 0 off the first ten in a powerplay is ridiculous. 

We came out crash, bang, wallop against Glamorgan which ended in disaster. Seems to have been a conscious effort to take more time which has gone a bit too far the other way. 2 runs off the last over was also disappointing, should have got the total over 250.

Out of form players at the top of the order isn’t helping either. For me Masood surely has to open, and I’d have Guest at 3? Work the rest around that, as they are the 2 best batsmen currently available.

16 hours ago, sage said:

We didn't score enough in the first ten overs. That cost us the game. 35 for 0 off the first ten in a powerplay is ridiculous. 

To be fair to the batsmen, Barker was getting movement and lift off the pitch and Turner was very difficult to get away. 

I felt we really lost it in the way we batted after Dal and Guest were out, particularly the last 10 overs, and by not going on the attack when Hants were 68-5. It was almost as if they were following a classic Billy G game plan. 

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

To be fair to the batsmen, Barker was getting movement and lift off the pitch and Turner was very difficult to get away. 

I felt we really lost it in the way we batted after Dal and Guest were out, particularly the last 10 overs, and by not going on the attack when Hants were 68-5. It was almost as if they were following a classic Billy G game plan. 

I don't think we had another wicket taking bowler. They just had to tick along against our trundlers to win the game, I would agree that having spinners on from both ends didn't work. Having said all that, we dropped two difficult chances, Catch one of those and we would have probably won.  

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think we had another wicket taking bowler. They just had to tick along against our trundlers to win the game, I would agree that having spinners on from both ends didn't work. Having said all that, we dropped two difficult chances, Catch one of those and we would have probably won.  

I agree, I just thought the field settings were more defensive than attacking during the middle of their innings, for a game we had to win. 

Also, Yosser was brought on very late and would have been a better bet for a wicket than either spinner. 

Edited by Crewton