Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am sure Conners has had better days ?

To be fair, he bowled a very good spell against the Brummies...

The other 11 games, not so much.

With Notts having the speed gun on, I was surprised to see they were clocking him in the Mid 80mph range. I didn’t think he was anywhere near that. With the length he bowls, and tendency to drift onto the pads, explains somewhat why he disappears to the boundary so fast.

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

BBC have us 4th, whilst ESPN have us 3rd ?

* actually, doesn’t look like espn have updated the table yet

Chances are we will lose v Lancs tomorrow so will a win v Durham be enough? I think we could do with Northants beating Yorkshire tomorrow. Going to the wire…

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Chances are we will lose v Lancs tomorrow so will a win v Durham be enough? I think we could do with Northants beating Yorkshire tomorrow. Going to the wire…

I’ve had the calculator out...

If Northants and Warwickshire both beat Yorkshire, one win will do it...unless Leicester beat Yorkshire and Northants...then we will be level on points with both Leicester and Northants and it’s down to the run rate.

If Yorkshire win 2 we’ve got to get above Northants....

Should be clearer after tomorrow’s games ??

That was the first live cricket I've watched since a one day match at the County ground two decades back, apart from watching the odd club cricket game. 

I have to say, from a fan experience point of view, it knocks football into a cocked hat.

No queues at the bar, even between innings, loads of food options, and a respectful crowd, who applauded the skills shown from both sides, obviously a few more for the home side as they were more frequent.

I loved it, can't wait to go back.

One thing in particular showed the difference between football and cricket, for me. A fella asked a steward where the fish and chip stall was, and the steward directed him to a chippy outside the ground a few hundred yards away. The man asked if there was anything inside the ground, and the steward said there was, but it was crap and overpriced, and there was also a Maccys and Domino's too if the chippy was busy, and you could bring the food back with you. 

Mindblowing, compared to my experience of football.

52 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Talk of Buttler, Salt and Livingstone being back for Lancashire tonight. Anybody with a bit more knowledge know if this is a dead cert.

Hopefully getting to my first game this year if everything aligns!

You beat me to it…..time for Conners to take a rest. Could be looking at 300 tonight ?