Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

The table...

Would be nice to be in the promotion battle, which could be some battle Notts, Worcestershire and Middlesex all look decent team's. Durham haven't had the best start but I still think they won't be far away either. Not sure what to make of Glamorgan, beat Notts then get absolutely hammered by Middlesex.

6B828B68-54A0-4553-878F-13F158216877.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

Great result and decent start to the season.

Masood looking quite a signing. 

With Derbyshire having only batted once in each of the last two matches, Shan Masood has the opportunity next week to become the first person in the history of cricket to score three successive double centuries.

I can dream...

Edited by Eddie

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

With Derbyshire having only batted once in each of the last two matches, Shan Masood has the opportunity next week to become the first person in the history of cricket to score three successive double centuries.

I can dream...

Would be incredible 

Love my cricket but not an avid watcher of the county game. Did watch some of the last day though and I thought Lakmal (?) looked a decent recruit. Will try to catch Masood next time. Know nothing about him at all, but his figures thus far are astounding. Even more so given how swiftly he accumulates runs. Pleased for you Derbyshire stalwarts given the tribulations endured in recent seasons when the team, bar one or two, seems to have been pretty awful. Really like Mickey Arthur too. Immensely positive kinda guy and proven too. Not sure how he ended up at Derbyshire, but certainly not knocking it.

28 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Early days, but I am reminded, by Masood's exploits, of the time when Martin Guptill was here. We got consistent good starts, quick between the wickets, and could chase targets. It was noticable how our form fell away when MG failed (rarely), or was absent or injured. That was the year we won promotion.

Was the season I really started avidly following the club. If memory serves me correct we won 4 or 5 games to start the season, then for the second half of the season Guptil was called up by New Zealand and we couldn’t win another game, but drew enough to stay top. Then won the last game of the season at home in front of the Sky cameras to beat Yorkshire to the title on games won after we finished on the same points.

A glorious day, and what a false dawn for my time following Derbyshire ?

What happens when Masood finally does fail will be interesting. There’s plenty of good batsmen in the team, who will need to step up. Confidence should be high with everyone but Godleman and Guest scoring decent runs already - which will help.

Edited by jimbo jones

18 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow. Amazingly Ryan Sidebottom is back involved. Surely to risky to play him this soon? Last thing we need is him breaking down after 7 balls again.

C659B689-AFFB-42ED-AEF1-7680CECFE6CB.jpeg

it's going to be an interesting team selection. For once we have more than 11 who deserve to be in the team.

I'm really hoping Reece bats at 3 n this match. Not sure it suits Guest. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

it's going to be an interesting team selection. For once we have more than 11 who deserve to be in the team.

I'm really hoping Reece bats at 3 n this match. Not sure it suits Guest. 

Yeah, he doesn't look as comfortable there as he does batting down the order.

I guess the issue is who bats at 6 and who misses out, though Guest will probably stay at 3 anyway...

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, he doesn't look as comfortable there as he does batting down the order.

I guess the issue is who bats at 6 and who misses out, though Guest will probably stay at 3 anyway...

what team would you go with?

2 hours ago, sage said:

what team would you go with?

Godleman
Masood
Reece
Madsen
Du Plooy
Mckiernan
Dal
Thomson
Conners
Lakmal

Would be better if Reece could bowl. Bit of a drop for Guest but I don’t want to move Dal & Thomson from where they’ve done well.

41 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Godleman
Masood
Reece
Madsen
Du Plooy
Mckiernan
Dal
Thomson
Conners
Lakmal

Would be better if Reece could bowl. Bit of a drop for Guest but I don’t want to move Dal & Thomson from where they’ve done well.

I think you could only pick that side if Reece can bowl. If Reece isn't bowling one of him, Dal, Thomson or McKiernan can't play and Potts or Sidebottom will.

Guest no lower than 7 in my book