Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

3 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

First Pakistani cricketer to score consecutive double hundreds in county cricket. And the second ever to do it in any first class games. Fantastic. 

At this point, I can show off my cricketing knowledge by saying I know who was the first to achieve back-to-back double hundreds in consecutive innings - an opening batsman called Arshad Pervez who achieved the feat in Pakistan in the 1970's.

OK, my Googling knowledge.

Incidentally, Arshad Pervez did play international cricket - he appeared in two ODIs - both against England in 1978, one in Pakistan and one at The Oval, when (to establish a very tenuous Derbyshire link) he was LBW to Geoff Miller.

30 minutes ago, sage said:

Steady start, going around 4 an over. 

Need to start pushing on now 

I'm not too fussed at the moment, with us having two proper spinners in the side and Parky getting one or two to pop alarmingly - and the odd one keeping low. I'd like to think that they will continue serenely until McKiernan either gets a ton or gets out, then press on with a view to declaring half an hour before tea.

There's also that tantalising possibility that if Derbyshire only bat once, then next week Shan Masood will have the opportunity to become the first cricketer in history to score three double centuries in three successive innings.

Edited by Eddie

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm not too fussed at the moment, with us having two proper spinners in the side and Parky getting one or two to pop alarmingly - and the odd one keeping low. I'd like to think that they will continue serenely until McKiernan either gets a ton or gets out, then press on with a view to declaring half an hour before tea.

Yes his 100 and Du Plooys 50 should herald one day mode