Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps Thompson for Watt…you could argue Came deserves a chance too 🤔

Thomson had a good game for the seconds so could be worth giving him a go. Not sure it makes much difference, he has a career bowling average of 42.16. We need Lakmal fit and playing bowling well really.

I'd rather Reece stays down the order and Came got a chance opening if they made a change, but I don't think we are there yet.

On 29/04/2023 at 19:57, jimbo jones said:

Thomson had a good game for the seconds so could be worth giving him a go. Not sure it makes much difference, he has a career bowling average of 42.16. We need Lakmal fit and playing bowling well really.

I'd rather Reece stays down the order and Came got a chance opening if they made a change, but I don't think we are there yet.

Or maybe Ali drops down the order 🤔

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Or maybe Ali drops down the order 🤔

Yeah, I think he's played down the order plenty, so a possibility.

Came scored 74 yesterday/today for the seconds, in a game where 21 wickets have fallen since it started yesterday and he's the only one player to go past 50. He's been made the captain for this season too. Hopefully he keeps playing well and is knocking on the door.

Squad for Leicetershire....

No Billy in the squad, no mention of why in the article.

Reece or Came to open, I’d like Reece to stay at 7 after doing well there and see Came open.

Lakmal in the squad, makes me think he will play, and I don't think they brought Brookes in not to play.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for Leicetershire....

No Billy in the squad, no mention of why in the article.

Reece or Came to open, I’d like Reece to stay at 7 after doing well there and see Came open.

Lakmal in the squad, makes me think he will play, and I don't think they brought Brookes in not to play.

Can’t believe Arthur has managed to get Brookes, incredible talent and batsman 😉

Team news: Came and Brookes in, Godleman and Aitchison out.

Still no Lakmal. Aitchison making way not a surprise really, he had one really good spell against Durham, other than that he’s been a bit all over the place with line and length.

won the toss and elected to bowl - a lot of rain across the weekend in the forecast.

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Me, probably.

It looks a different game now with the cloud cover.

Even so we ought to rack up a good score and dismiss them at a canter; just watch the weather scupper us though.