1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Middle Order

Madsen
du Plooy
Ali

All Rounders

Lamb
Dal

I suppose the question mark is can Godleman or Reece find form and consistency at the top, or Came and Wagstaff come in and kick on.

Reece

Ali

Madsen

Du Plooy

Lamb

Dal

Aitchison

Chappel

Conners

Lakhmal

Think we are only lacking a quality spinner….if that team stays fit we must be promotion contenders ???

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Reece

Ali

Madsen

Du Plooy

Lamb

Dal

Aitchison

Chappel

Conners

Lakhmal

Think we are only lacking a quality spinner….if that team stays fit we must be promotion contenders ???

Yeah I'd imagine the four seamers will rotate, and a spinner will play. Mark Watt when he's not with Scotland.

On 07/02/2023 at 12:03, jimbo jones said:

After the Jo’burg openers both got ducks, a superb match winning 81 not out from du Plooy in the SA20 yesterday. They are currently joint top in the standing.

Looks like the new captain will be coming back to start his reign brimming with confidence ?

Sadly, he got a duck today. The vagaries of cricket, eh?

A couple of changes to the points scoring have been confirmed.

Points for a draw have gone back to 5 rather than 8.

Batting bonus points will now start at 250 and end at 450.

All part of a master plan to encourage attacking batting.

They will also be trialing using kookaburra balls in a couple of games.

On 12/02/2023 at 09:50, jimbo jones said:

A couple of changes to the points scoring have been confirmed.

Points for a draw have gone back to 5 rather than 8.

Batting bonus points will now start at 250 and end at 450.

All part of a master plan to encourage attacking batting.

They will also be trialing using kookaburra balls in a couple of games.

Hey Jimbo, what's the main difference between the Duke and Kookaburra balls and why would we want to change? 

25 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Hey Jimbo, what's the main difference between the Duke and Kookaburra balls and why would we want to change? 

The difference in manufacturing is the Duke’s seam is hand stitched, while the Kookaburra is machine stitched after the middle two are done by hand. Which is said to give the Duke a more prominent seam.

I think everyone else uses Kookaburra, so the main argument is to have the same ball across the whole sport, rather than one being better. The farce with the balls being sub standard in county cricket last season has probably caused the push for the Kookaburra trial.

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The difference in manufacturing is the Duke’s seam is hand stitched, while the Kookaburra is machine stitched after the middle two are done by hand. Which is said to give the Duke a more prominent seam.

I think everyone else uses Kookaburra, so the main argument is to have the same ball across the whole sport, rather than one being better. The farce with the balls being sub standard in county cricket last season has probably caused the push for the Kookaburra trial.

Thanks Jimbo

On 13/02/2023 at 12:05, jimbo jones said:

We switched to the Kookaburra in the Derby & District League 50 years ago. It always felt 'smaller' in my hand - perhaps the seam stitching is the explanation for that.

The Hundred have announced some sort of “retained list” for each team. 

Basically, Madsen and Scrimshaw will be playing for the Manchester and Welsh teams again.

Welsh Fire chose not to retain du Plooy, though I can't imagine someone doesn't pick him in the draft. He enhanced his reputation in the SA20 over the winter.

19 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The Hundred have announced some sort of “retained list” for each team. 

Basically, Madsen and Scrimshaw will be playing for the Manchester and Welsh teams again.

Welsh Fire chose not to retain du Plooy, though I can't imagine someone doesn't pick him in the draft. He enhanced his reputation in the SA20 over the winter.

Hoped that abomination of a competition would be junked or at best played so it doesn’t clash with cricket played by proper teams not made up franchise nonsense. 
Rant over ?