Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I see Cazoo's sponsorship of "The Hundred" (memo to self -wash hands) has expired. I wonder who'll have the foolhardiness to take that on.

Going forward, English Cricket might find itself in a Financial crisis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64345417

Hopefully for the men’s game the Hundred will wither and die. I think it’s fine for bringing on the women’s game though as they don’t ( as far as I know ) have existing clubs to destroy like the mens game 

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Hopefully for the men’s game the Hundred will wither and die. I think it’s fine for bringing on the women’s game though as they don’t ( as far as I know ) have existing clubs to destroy like the mens game 

That's a good point.

I still for the life of me can't understand what is supposed to make the hundred better than t20 anyway.

20 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I see Cazoo's sponsorship of "The Hundred" (memo to self -wash hands) has expired. I wonder who'll have the foolhardiness to take that on.

Going forward, English Cricket might find itself in a Financial crisis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64345417

I saw something about the ECB throwing even more money at centrally contracted players, to “encourage” them to play in the hundred...whilst of course they are also supposed to be resting ?

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

There it is. Haider Ali 22 year old Pakistani batsman. Highly rated with plenty of international experience in the white ball stuff already, and averaging 54 in red ball cricket in Pakistan.

Here for the whole season, subject to any international call ups.

Obviously hoping he does really well , but that will mean he will probably get an International call , it’s the Derbyshire way ?

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

There it is. Haider Ali 22 year old Pakistani batsman. Highly rated with plenty of international experience in the white ball stuff already, and averaging 54 in red ball cricket in Pakistan.

Here for the whole season, subject to any international call ups.

Our batting looks very good indeed…

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Our batting looks very good indeed…

Middle Order

Madsen
du Plooy
Ali

All Rounders

Lamb
Dal

I suppose the question mark is can Godleman or Reece find form and consistency at the top, or Came and Wagstaff come in and kick on.

Edited by jimbo jones