Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

If we bowl them out for less than 100, would you declare on 0?

No. Get a lead (hopefully 👀) and then get them back in. Don’t think chasing 200 plus tomorrow would be easy.

If we don’t get skittled out as well, a declaration target should be in mind from the start.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

No. Get a lead (hopefully 👀) and then get them back in. Don’t think chasing 200 plus tomorrow would be easy.

If we don’t get skittled out as well, a declaration target should be in mind from the start.

I don't know the conditions, but I just wondered based on how Sussex have struggled this morning and if it stays dry the pitch should improve tomorrow? I agree with you though. There's always a concern we'll make batting on this surface look even more difficult than our opponents.

14 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't know the conditions, but I just wondered based on how Sussex have struggled this morning and if it stays dry the pitch should improve tomorrow? I agree with you though. There's always a concern we'll make batting on this surface look even more difficult than our opponents.

Balls moving about a bit, a bit of uneven bounce, but it’s not a minefield or anything. Some poor shots got Sussex in trouble and then they’ve collapsed in a manner that would make Derbyshire proud 😀

34 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

94-1 at close.

bat until lunch and then put them back in? It’s unlikely they will collapse again, but you’ve got to give it a go.

Think we need to go all out and slog and get 100 ahead possibly before lunch and get them back in before the rain comes. Think the rain will end up being the winner 🥲