Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Even more annoying to lose to Notts twice, we’re beating all the big teams. Until last night only Surrey would have looked fearsome, right now though, on our day, get in the knockouts and I do believe we could beat anyone.

Edited by Zag zig

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

He seems to have added an extra yard or two of pace this season. He has gone from 'quick' to 'bloody nora'.

Watching the stream for Nottingham game, they had the speed gun on. Clocked him consistently at 82-83 mph, whilst Conners was 81-84 mph.

I can’t believe they bowl the same pace, but maybe it’s the height and added bounce that makes Scrimshaw look more menacing...or they need a new speed gun.

for the record, Kerr was 77-80 mph.

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Back to the Championship tomorrow, with a trip down to Hove.

Watt, Kerr, and Scrimshaw all in the 13 man squad, as is Ben Aitchison for the first time this season.

EF9711AD-5BE0-4A53-B299-B98CB444FD70.jpeg

Hard to pick a team from that. Watt and Aitchison to miss out or does Watt play at the expense of Thomson.

Batting is 8 deep with genuine runs. Sorry 7 deep and Godleman.

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

Hard to pick a team from that. Watt and Aitchison to miss out or does Watt play at the expense of Thomson.

Batting is 8 deep with genuine runs. Sorry 7 deep and Godleman.

I wonder if it will be Aitchison and Scrimshaw who miss out due to fitness, it’s tough to pick your best 11, and that’s without McKiernan even in the squad.

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How/why do we keep playing him? He’s just so out of form.

It’s difficult to drop the Captain in cricket, if he wasn’t captain he’d possibly be out already. The issue is, who would captain the side? Can’t be Masood as he’s going back to Pakistan and missing the next 3 games. Madsen did it years ago, and from memory his batting suffered so he gave it up. Not sure if there’s anyone else who’s ready to do it.

I do think a swap of position with Reece should have already happened. See if Billy can get some runs lower down the order.