Derby Half Marathon 28th November

RadioactiveWaste

Is anyone else doing this?

https://www.runforall.com/events/half-marathon/Derby-half-marathon/

Some great causes to support and a flat looking route out past Elvaston and back along the Derwent past Pride Park.

I'll be the tubby fellah in a Pig Onesie firmly in 2hrs30-3hrs bracket.

Feel free to like, share, donate (or not) to my fundraiser and I hope for a dry day ?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tobias-garrud1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I saw, thank you.

Well done buddy. I’ll be there too. I’m crap at trying to find raise though so I’m just doing it for the crack. 

I actually booked it for 2020 when I was actually quite fit and just finished the Birmingham half. Now I’m far from fit. Noticed it in my calendar a few weeks away, so looked up training regimes. I’ve been intensely running 4x a week now. I’m getting somewhere near to where I was when I first booked it now. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Well done buddy. I’ll be there too. I’m crap at trying to find raise though so I’m just doing it for the crack. 

I actually booked it for 2020 when I was actually quite fit and just finished the Birmingham half. Now I’m far from fit. Noticed it in my calendar a few weeks away, so looked up training regimes. I’ve been intensely running 4x a week now. I’m getting somewhere near to where I was when I first booked it now. 

Good luck, I hope we get decent day for it.

On 06/11/2021 at 08:52, RadioactiveWaste said:

Some great causes to support and a flat looking route out past Elvaston and back along the Derwent past Pride Park.

Feel free to like, share, donate (or not) to my fundraiser and I hope for a dry day ?

I’ve not done it since they stopped calling it the Ramathon. 

6 hours ago, tinman said:

I’ve not done it since they stopped calling it the Ramathon. 

Yeah, that was a much better name for it.

This is my first running event for 11 years (and I was "challenge myself and trundle round" level at that point) and I've lost more than 3st since I started a couch to 5k app about a year ago.

It's weird, I've even caught myself "looking forward to" running lately.

16 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Anyway I can donate, TT?

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, that was a much better name for it.

This is my first running event for 11 years (and I was "challenge myself and trundle round" level at that point) and I've lost more than 3st since I started a couch to 5k app about a year ago.

It's weird, I've even caught myself "looking forward to" running lately.

Weirdo. 

Good luck to you lads running it.

I did the Derby 10k years ago and the finish line was in Pride Park Stadium. As I entered the ground through the North West corner I saw a Leicester shirt a few yards in front, I was wearing my Rams shirt. The finishing line was alongside the East Stand. I chased the Leicester chap down the West Stand and got closer along the South Stand and took him just before the line to cheers and a standing ovation from the East Stand!!!!!!!

COYR.

Good luck. I’m doing the Birmingham half marathon in May. I entered it in 2020, it was supposed to be October but got put back. I started running just before lockdown and got really fit, lost 3 stone but I’ve let it slip over the past few months. Just getting back into it now and it’s so good for me, physically and mentally. I did my first longer run on Sunday - 12.5km and it was fine. I then ended up running the line for my lad’s team and did another 3.5km with loads of sprints. I was a mess for the next couple of days!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2021 at 08:52, RadioactiveWaste said:

How did you get on in the end?

I got 2:13, which I’m well chuffed with after just 6 weeks training. Not a pb but only 2 mins short, I’m not as fit as I used to be. 

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

How did you get on in the end?

I got 2:13, which I’m well chuffed with after just 6 weeks training. Not a pb but only 2 mins short, I’m not as fit as I used to be. 

I finished in 2.27 which I'm pretty pleased with.

Was about as good a day as you could've asked for at this time of year. (Whilst the run was on) - obviously the snow this afternoon would've sent Niel Warnock into apoplectic rage...

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

47 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Well done @RadioactiveWaste , it'll be the full 26 miles next year? ?.

Completely forgot to donate until the day of your run so I'm glad to see all our contributions got you to the target. 

Great cause, you should be proud of yourself. 

Thank you, it's appreciated. and I am quite proud of myself.

I have the great glasgow run (another half) to do next year as I'd paid for this years and they cancelled it and rolled everyone over to 2022. As my beloved said as soon as I finished "don't do what you usually do and give up now you've done it"

I'd like to do a full one but it'd take a fair bit of work to get up to, there's one in Stirling I might do, but I'm hesitating on the commitment.