Fighting Spirit

SamUltraRam

22 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Ok. My problem was that you were picking holes with events you haven’t even seen. So the rest is for you to find out from people who have. Read them. 

This is a local forum for local people. You're not welcome here.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Is this meant to be a joke?

No - I mean it.  It's a response to some predictable rubbish on this thread.  Jourdan makes some valid points, but there are attempts to shut him down because he "lives in the SW" or "hasn't seen the games".  It's just another manifestation of the "I'm a real fan, and you aren't" undercurrent that runs through so many of the topics on here.  It's parochial, insulting and boring.

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

No - I mean it.  It's a response to some predictable rubbish on this thread.  Jourdan makes some valid points, but there are attempts to shut him down because he "lives in the SW" or "hasn't seen the games".  It's just another manifestation of the "I'm a real fan, and you aren't" undercurrent that runs through so many of the topics on here.  It's parochial, insulting and boring.

Anybody posting an opinion about a game without seeing it deserves to be taken to task over that opinion no matter where they come from or how big a fan they are.

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's nothing to do with a being parochial, and everything to do with the constant 'keep a lid on the optimism, we're only 20 points clear at the top with two games to play, anything could go wrong' attitude. ?

17 minutes ago, Deej said:

Neither of the reasons you mentioned are the reason at all. It’s because he based his assertions on preconceived notions, not experience. It’s a shame you think that other people’s opinions are boring, insulting etc. Aren’t you being guilty of what you’re criticising other forum members of?  That’s hypocrisy, isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

You clearly have no idea about the range of places that many posters on this forum hail from.

No, you are right.  I clearly have no idea.  I didn't even read all of the "Fans not from Derbyshire" thread, to make sure that I remained ignorant.

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Neither of the reasons you mentioned are the reason at all. It’s because he based his assertions on preconceived notions, not experience. It’s a shame you think that other people’s opinions are boring, insulting etc. Aren’t you being guilty of what you’re criticising other forum members of?  That’s hypocrisy, isn’t it?

No, that's misrepresentation.

6 hours ago, Deej said:

Thank you for the kind words. It is much appreciated.

When @Tyler Durden and I go for drinks before Bristol City away, we’ll save you a chair. 

I do agree with you that all I am trying to do is offer my opinion and make what I feel to be valid and balanced points where I can. Do I feel shut down? No. Do I feel like I have an unfair reputation? Yes.

I really enjoy this forum and I have had some wonderful debates, discussions and interactions over the years, and on the whole, you do get treated with warmth and respect. But it can be a little hostile at times.

I don’t think there is such a thing as a superior fan personally. Yes, I will freely admit I don’t live in Derby any more, nor do I watch or go to tens of games any more. Life takes hold. Everyone has different circumstances and we all follow and support the team in our own way and the best way we feel we can. 

One thing you can guarantee is whatever your journey, if the club is in your heart, you are going to have something to say.

Personally I wouldn’t ever suggest someone is less of a fan, but some people do. Of course they are entitled to their opinion, but I am not particularly worried about any accusations thrown my way.

The day my mother stops telling me ‘football won’t pay your bills’, well then I might begin to question things.