Attending away matches?

2 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

They’re entirely right to do so. 

If they had chosen those seats because of the fantastic view, I would agree with you, but unless you are at Wembley, you are allocated a seat.

Moving one row down doesn't normally impact on your view a great deal and everyone can enjoy the away day experience. 

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

If they had chosen those seats because of the fantastic view, I would agree with you, but unless you are at Wembley, you are allocated a seat.

Moving one row down doesn't normally impact on your view a great deal and everyone can enjoy the away day experience. 

Why should they move when they’re in the right though. 

3 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Why should they move when they’re in the right though. 

Was it you I spoke to at Coventry a few seasons back?

I offered to move so they could sit in comfort and I could stand and not obstruct their view. Silly me thought it was the polite thing to do and we could all be happy! 

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes everybody stands for whole match no one sits down so don't expect to sit down.

Damn right, buddy!  You tell 'em!

How dare they expect to sit down just because they have paid for a seat!  Next, they'll be expecting the coaches to have fuel in them, just to save the fans having to push it all the way!  

Some people make me so Grrr!   

#Derby boys, we are 'ere... whoa o..... 

5 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I've been thinking about going to a few away games this season, as I now have the time to do so, I've never been to an away match before! What can I expect? Is it true everybody stands up for the whole game?, and do people take their allocated seats? Is it rowdy, south stand style? What about before and after the game? I'd probably drive so is parking an issue at times? I'm in my fifties and would like to sit down and watch the game, giving the rams a cheer on the way. Fairly typical north stander ? 

If you haven’t been before to that ground or an away match do a bit of planning. Work out where the best place to park is. Ask on here an people will give you an idea. Check the parking restrictions in the area use Google street view etc.

Same with pubs. I found it better to avoid the away pubs because they get too packed and if possible opted for a quiet pub a bit further from the ground.

As for where to sit there used to be a singing area which if you want a peaceful game you had better avoid that. In the less popular games you should be ok but you may encounter a few idiots at the more popular ones.

2 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

The behaviour of our own fans has stopped me going to away games. Too many Bamfords these days following the Rams away. 

Me too on occasion. Far too many pissed up/coked up Stone Island wearing fuckwits who insist on sitting in a seat that isn’t theirs and stand up all game while spending most of the time gobbling off to the home fans rather than watching the match. They are absolute ducking morons who have ruined the away day experience for me at times. 

Edited by Jayram

5 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Went on Saturday and really enjoyed it except the injury time. Constant singing, didnt hear anything that has been reported afterwards. I have rheumatoid arthritis and cant stand for 90 but Peterborough ticket office gave us back row seats so even if standing in front we could lean/perch. So depending on match you may be able to chose where you sit once it goes from our booking system. When my boys were younger ticket office allocated us seats near front but more tricky if you cant speak to someone. We Were right near central standing rowdy crowd but sat for much of match but it was great until the end. 

I think I might have been sat near you. Did you and your son arrive half an hour late?

If people who want to stand choose tickets towards the back and people who want to sit do so lower down there's no problem.

It's those idiots who buy seats second row up and then stand throughout that make me mad. These days you get to choose your exact seat so I am presuming they are too thick to understand where the front is on the website plan.