I like adam boulder now on radio Derby

B4ev6is

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

How anybody can miss Ramage is beyond me. It was just loud noise. Shouting loud nonsense does not equate to ‘passion’.
However, any commentary will be bad with Ed Dawes in the chair. Worst commentator Radio Derby have ever had. 

TBF I haven’t heard Adam Bolder as I am boycotting RD until such time as they see sense and let Dawes go. 

It’s difficult with Ed. You know he’s a fan so I have some sympathy, but he is so petulant, gloom ridden and full of a sort of “I told you so” followed by a spoilt pout 

4 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

I’ve heard Shaun Barker is very good. Not sure where he is now?

Well Burton Albion, I think.  He was certainly on their bench in coaching capacity on Tuesday night last when a Burton Albion XI (mainly youth players) played Belper Town in a friendly.

At half-time he opened Belper's new 4G training facility too.

I might have been wrong but I'm sure I saw Eric Steele in the crowd too...

Bill

(Season ticket holder at Belper Town...)

8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Bolder is too much like Ramage. Listening to the commo yesterday was horrible. Without Steele to calm him down, Dawes just tries to out-shout his co-commentator. It's terrible to listen to.

Steele and Dawes complement each other well. Bolder and Dawes are like a cheese grater over the ears.

Didn't hear the game as at the ground but their post game analysis was pretty good, I thought.

I do agree Steele worked well with Dawes though. 

I have to say that when I met Dawes I completely changed my opinion of him as he is funny and very knowledgeable about Derby. He does tend to get a bit carried away in commentary, though! 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Didn't hear the game as at the ground but their post game analysis was pretty good, I thought.

I do agree Steele worked well with Dawes though. 

I have to say that when I met Dawes I completely changed my opinion of him as he is funny and very knowledgeable about Derby. He does tend to get a bit carried away in commentary, though! 

I like Ed overall, he did a good interview with one of those podcasts about a year or so ago which was a good listen. I just think sometimes he doesn’t get his ‘social media’ presence right and comes off the wrong way to many. Nicholson is similar in my opinion.

BUT all local media outlets are absolutely buggered because they don’t get shareable info out of the club and any breaking story finds itself in the national press. I imagine we all would have had an easier time last week if Mel had maybe done an interview with radio Derby/DET last week instead of a the supporters charter. Fans want to be communicated to and not get second hand information.

Sorry I went off on a tangent!