Luke Varney

Day

The people on here are fantastic! the same sort of people that moan about not spending 2million on a striker but when they don't score they're the first ones to moan about spending that money.

I didn't think we would get anything for Varney, so bit of money and off the wage bill and I'm delighted. If he came back I would care to bet my house on him doing naff all again, he chases things and works hard I'll give him that but can be less effective than a kid on the pitch.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let him go. Get a small fee. There must of been some loan fee we got from Blackpool. We are also still paying his wages while he scores for them.

Its almost certain there was a pay as you play part of the contract because of the way he was so rapidly loaned out by Clough at each opportunity and given so few appearences when he was here.

I don`t think the fee we paid was the 1million quoted in the press.

Charlton would have come up with that figure because it sounded good for them.

Think He made a couple of appearences this season, or was it just the one match against Cardiff? Despite us being down to the bare bones up front.

Any transfer fee we get in has to be a bonus for us considering how tight these owners are.

Let him go. Get a small fee. There must of been some loan fee we got from Blackpool. We are also still paying his wages while he scores for them.

Its almost certain there was a pay as you play part of the contract because of the way he was so rapidly loaned out by Clough at each opportunity and given so few appearances when he was here.

I don`t think the fee we paid was the 1million quoted in the press.

Charlton would have come up with that figure because it sounded good for them.

Think He made a couple of appearances this season, or was it just the one match against Cardiff? Despite us being down to the bare bones up front.

Any transfer fee we get in has to be a bonus for us considering how tight these owners are.

So we should keep selling players under value, and then miss out on replacements because we can not afford them ?

Sorry if a repeat post,but does anybody know exactly where we are,concering Luke Varney?

Have we been paid a fee by Blackpool?

The club have not come out and said whether or not there was any loan fee involved.

I don't think there would have been. Clough was simply keen to get him off our wage bill.

I believe there is an agreement in place with regards to a fee and while DCFC have dismissed Holloway's claim that it is 250K, I can't see it being much more than that.

• 3 months later...
F*CKING YES!

although, I doubt Portsmouth can afford that!

Don't forget that their debts were massively reduced by the administration and now they have a shiny new parachute payment to play with.

I pretty sure we'd sell him for 75p to get him off the wage bill.

Don't forget that their debts were massively reduced by the administration and now they have a shiny new parachute payment to play with.

I pretty sure we'd sell him for 75p to get him off the wage bill.

Jewell should be forced to re-sign him for 1 million

http://www.skysports.com/football/papertalk/0,21673,12709,00.html

What do you think?, is he worth more as a proven Premiership player now?

Would hardly call him proven. Scored a few good goals early in the season when Blackpool were an unknown force but has spent most of the rest of the season warming the bench.

Getting him off the wage bill is as important as getting any funds in for him, in my eyes anything we get is a bonus.

Archived