Training Photos

Stuniverse

38 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Darren Robinson made his debut for semi-professional side Dungannon Swifts on the last day of the NIFL Premiership season.

Does he count? I’m assuming, because it’s a semi-professional club, it won’t, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Source: http://www.dungannonswiftsfc.com/2021/05/30/transfer-news-Derby-deal-for-darren/

I mean the EFL  would be royally taking the piss. The aim of the rules and how they are enforced might seem slightly at odds. Who will it help if they send us into administration via relegation?

1 hour ago, metalsheep02 said:

It would be good to try and get a definitive list.

Duncan played in the EFL trophy for Liverpool u23s, as it under 23 is he excluded?

Clarke made a start in the Isthmian league for Whyteleaf - is he excluded?

Agree on Hutchinson.

50 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Darren Robinson made his debut for semi-professional side Dungannon Swifts on the last day of the NIFL Premiership season.

Does he count? I’m assuming, because it’s a semi-professional club, it won’t, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Source: http://www.dungannonswiftsfc.com/2021/05/30/transfer-news-Derby-deal-for-darren/

Professional Standing = is any Player who has made one first team appearance (including as a sub) for any Club in any first team competition (EFL Trophy appearances do not count).

Duncan does not count
I'll be surprised if Clarke does as it's before the 1st round proper
Robinson likely doesn't count as it isn't a professional league.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Professional Standing = is any Player who has made one first team appearance (including as a sub) for any Club in any first team competition (EFL Trophy appearances do not count).

Duncan does not count

Edited by Stuniverse

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Duncan does not count

I think Duncan counts if the FA Cup-tie against Chorley is included. Duncan started that game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55574408

Agree on Clarke (as it’s not EFL equivalent rounds) and Robinson (semi-professional league)

Edited by Stuniverse

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

You know it's gonna be a bad season when the fans don't even know who's at the club!

I know those players are at the club, some trialling, some U23s some first regulars. I don't always recognise what they look like especially the first two categories.

But I suppose you were just joking.

I'm confident it won't be a bad season, I'm not certain how good it will be yet. #COYR

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know those players are at the club, some trialling, some U23s some first regulars. I don't always recognise what they look like especially the first two categories.

But I suppose you were just joking.

I'm confident it won't be a bad season, I'm not certain how good it will be yet. #COYR

Yeah it was tongue in cheek?

I can only recognize a few to be honest

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

19 iirc

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

Roos, Marshall, Byrne, McDonald, Forsyth, Buchanan, Bielik, Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Sibley, Watson, Joswiak, Lawrence, Ebosele, CKR, Stretton = 17... who am I missing?

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

Jordan Brown yes (WBA away)

Duncan & Clarke no

8 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Here's my take on Players of Professional Standing and Established Players.

Note: I'm not sure I have Bobby Duncan and Courtney Clarke's statistics correct, nor whether Clarke's FA Cup appearances for Whyteleafe in rounds before the First Round Proper actually count or not.

003.thumb.png.594435d5ac91d121d54f579aeb04247b.png

004.thumb.png.33ffc1a88e41c7e246a76235e482e8cf.png

005.thumb.png.57b5aaf5ef89989b80f9447eeb1ffc69.png

001.thumb.png.f5503221496dd6d8017d9a3c0768079d.png

002.thumb.png.2a550754906d6919c33a56f3c94e5098.png

006.thumb.png.2d387e69a9d4d2efeb12e9812dc5b55a.png

8 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

There was a definite distinction with the Chorley game as squad numbers weren't issued. The starting 11 played in numbers 1-11 with the subs following suit with 12 to however many of them there were.

Does that mean that we may be able to sign two "free" out-of-contract players?