UEFA Quarantine Free Demands

Boris Johnson says "sensible accommodations" can be made amid the government's talks with UEFA over whether VIPs and foreign fans will be granted special access to England for key Euro 2020 matches.

The prime minister confirmed discussions with European football's governing body were being held over the Euro 2020 semi-finals and final, which are due to be held at London's Wembley stadium next month.

This has really annoyed me, Boris is prepared to forego all laws that have been enforced on us the citizens of The UK for the EURO semi-finals and Final. 
Prepared to put all us law abiding citizens at risk to accommodate UEFA.

TOTAL DISGRACE ??? 

3D650E64-146F-410E-B0B6-10153FD65E93.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Boris Johnson says "sensible accommodations" can be made amid the government's talks with UEFA over whether VIPs and foreign fans will be granted special access to England for key Euro 2020 matches.

The prime minister confirmed discussions with European football's governing body were being held over the Euro 2020 semi-finals and final, which are due to be held at London's Wembley stadium next month.

This has really annoyed me, Boris is prepared to forego all laws that have been enforced on us the citizens of The UK for the EURO semi-finals and Final. 
Prepared to put all us law abiding citizens at risk to accommodate UEFA.

TOTAL DISGRACE ??? 

3D650E64-146F-410E-B0B6-10153FD65E93.jpeg

mentioned this in the Euro thread.  If the UK does not comply there appears to be a threat to move the game 

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

mentioned this in the Euro thread.  If the UK does not comply there appears to be a threat to move the game 

Yeah why would they stage them here after covid19 rules have changed. Can't blame UEFA?

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, Spanish said:

Then we as a country should demand that Boris let them take it to Hungary where COVID rules are more relaxed.

A global pandemic clearly doesn’t affect the Uber rich and FIFA & UEFA statesmen and women and VIPs.

We as nationals cannot go anywhere outside of the “Green Light zones” without adhering to quarantine regulations. So why should we bend or break our own rules to accommodate this request. 

Makes no difference to us Joe Public types where these fixtures are played. They might as well move them to Mars as we wouldn’t get anywhere near these matches even if we wanted to.

Rant over ?? ?

No you can't blame uefa for moving if their red line is "no quarantine" for its officials and gaggle of hangers on. 

Nor can you blame UK gov for imposing new restrictions if they are indeed "following the science". 

What would be, in my view, more difficult to defend is go UK gov varying rules to accommodate the uefa lot. I cannot see the justification as the numbers surely are not material in an economic sense and so all you're doing is stoking resentment among UK folk. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No you can't blame uefa for moving if their red line is "no quarantine" for its officials and gaggle of hangers on. 

Nor can you blame UK gov for imposing new restrictions if they are indeed "following the science". 

What would be, in my view, more difficult to defend is go UK gov varying rules to accommodate the uefa lot. I cannot see the justification as the numbers surely are not material in an economic sense and so all you're doing is stoking resentment among UK folk. 

That’s how I see it to @Van der MoodHoover ????

19 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’d happily scrap it. Been told for months if we don’t abide by the rules Wel be responsible for the deaths of our parents and grand parents yet it’s ok to let in 2500 millionaires and let them swan about doing as they please. Feck off

Or we could just lift the lockdown for everyone and get on with life.

8 hours ago, David said:

One rule for us, one for them, but keeping the final and semi’s over here would be a much needed boost for the economy. Even if that is mostly confined to London.

Good point. Let's hope Scotland make the semis and final so London's economy can have another boom!