Bad actors who you like

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugh Grant is a good example of someone who has dispelled the myth of a bad actor. We all thought he was playing himself in all those early films, and it was the same character, but it wasn't him. And his roles in The Gentlemen and Paddington 2 were both really wonderful. And, to boot, he comes off as a decent bloke all round. Finally, and this is a convaluted way of answering the OP, he got to 'know' Liz Hurley - who is my nomination for an awful, awful actor that I don't mind watching any time.

15 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I watched Bill and Ted's excellent adventure for the first time the other day. Reeves performance was like a 12 year old in an average school play.

That was the whole idea.

69, dude.

22 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

That film is literally Dirty Harry parachuted into World War Two.

Good though. I like that Badger (Michael Hordern) is the head of British Intelligence.

The other way round. It predates Dirty Harry by a couple of years.

Dirty Harry is Lt Shaffer in San Francisco.

58 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

That film is literally Dirty Harry parachuted into World War Two.

Good though. I like that Badger (Michael Hordern) is the head of British Intelligence.

Ingrid Pitt...enough said.

On 02/05/2021 at 08:58, Bob The Badger said:

I was watching Line of Duty with the missus last night and she turned to me and said 'Kelly MacDonald really isn't a very good actress, but I really like her in things'

I almost spilled my Horlicks with surprise because I have been thinking the exact same thing.

Similarly, Harrison Ford is a terrible actor but I love him in stuff.

Sean Connery was dreadful a lot of the time but his charisma oozed all over the floor.

And I don't think Claire Danes is very good at all, but I like her in Homeland.

What about you?

Line of duty is brilliant but i do agree about the general standard of acting in it, It makes Neighbours look like James Gandolfini in Sopranos. Her indoors and I  were wondering if the acting flaws were built in to the script for more realism.

Above people have mentioned actors who are one dimensional, that doesn't mean they are meant to be enjoyed though and of course that doesn't make them super proficient actors.

Archived