Reece Nicholas-Davies

Sean

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Welcome to DCFC 

as a side not it’s very annoying when folk say they will give or want 110% - it can’t be done it’s 100% or less 

What constitutes 100% is in a state of flux, so you sort of can.

100% isn't a purely mathematical term when applied to sports, it relates to what's expected of you, not your overall capacity to perform.

You can push yourself beyond previously thought limits, that doesn't mean you were giving anything less than 100% of your effort to reach the stage where you can start to build on it.

Alternatively you can push yourself too far, take on too much before your body is ready for it and break down. If you're putting in everything you can safely & reasonably do so does that mean you weren't giving 100% of your effort?

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

What constitutes 100% is in a state of flux, so you sort of can.

100% isn't a purely mathematical term when applied to sports, it relates to what's expected of you, not your overall capacity to perform.

You can push yourself beyond previously thought limits, that doesn't mean you were giving anything less than 100% of your effort to reach the stage where you can start to build on it.

Alternatively you can push yourself too far, take on too much before your body is ready for it and break down. If you're putting in everything you can safely & reasonably do so does that mean you weren't giving 100% of your effort?

Nah 100% is 100% anything less than that isn’t 100% 

I think this maybe one of the lads who played for the Under 18s the other week, it looked like he played up top with big Bart in the 2nd half and scored.

There's a vid of the game somewhere on twitter.

either Trialist B or Trialist C ?

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

If you’re expected to pee in 100 pots in an hour but pee in 110 pots, how do you explain that?

It means you have achieved greater than what someone has expected of you, but you have given up to a maximum of 100% of effort to achieve those results.  If you can fill 110, but only do 100 as expected, you would have only given 91%.

I’m 100% with @Sparklewith this one! 

(I was going to put 110% originally for comic effect, but just couldn’t do it!)

There's no reference point in his post.

He doesn't actually say "I'm going to give it 110% of all the potential effort I could possibly put in", so it's open to interpretation.

Maybe he only gave it 70% of effort at Fulham and is planning to give it 77% effort here! Therefore his statement that he's going to give it 110% would be entirely accurate if a bit unambitious.

He needs to "give it 142%" equating to 99.4% of his total possible effort if he's really going to impress me!

Archived