New management team required - NOW

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

Anyone hear 606 last night with Sutton and savage?? A Derby fan by the name of Adrian called in to say Rooney has to go at the end of the season no matter what....

Have you heard yourself? I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion but give me strength.... #embarrassing ?

Rooneys not doing himself any favours though is he so it's not difficult to understand sentiments such as this

4 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

Anyone hear 606 last night with Sutton and savage?? A Derby fan by the name of Adrian called in to say Rooney has to go at the end of the season no matter what....

Have you heard yourself? I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion but give me strength.... #embarrassing ?

What's embarrassing about it?

Ok, phone-in radio is generally embarrassing but the opinion that Rooney shouldn't be Derby manager next season is hardly an unusual one.

50 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What's embarrassing about it?

Ok, phone-in radio is generally embarrassing but the opinion that Rooney shouldn't be Derby manager next season is hardly an unusual one.

Just because it's not unusual doesn't make it less embarrassing. Manager takes over team stranded at bottom to safety, with limited resources, off the field headlines including a failed takeover, deserves sack no matter what...sounds a bit ridiculous to me, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions ?

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rooneys not doing himself any favours though is he so it's not difficult to understand sentiments such as this

Why isn’t he? He’s done a good job so far for me....are you forgetting we were rock bottom with 6 points when he took over the reigns from cocu??

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Just because it's not unusual doesn't make it less embarrassing. Manager takes over team stranded at bottom to safety, with limited resources, off the field headlines including a failed takeover, deserves sack no matter what...sounds a bit ridiculous to me, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions ?

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. The football is turgid and even if we do survive, it's quite possible that it will be thanks to the run we had when Bielik was fit. Rooney's football is the same as Cocu's and people wanted his head on a pike.

On the morning of a game, we look forward to it because it's Derby. Who looks forward to it for entertainment and excitement?

37 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Serious question... What has he done wrong? 

Calling players out in public huge no no. Setting his side up to play a brand of don't try to win the game turgid crap. Not reacting to what unfolds during a game at all or in a reasonably timely manner e.g. lack of substitutes, changing team around to compensate etc.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Calling players out in public huge no no. Setting his side up to play a brand of don't try to win the game turgid crap. Not reacting to what unfolds during a game at all or in a reasonably timely manner e.g. lack of substitutes, changing team around to compensate etc.

Well Waghorn looked a better player for it, some might say Sibley too? The turgid crap is to ensure we get the points necessary after being left propping up the table. We don't have the depth of squad to gamble with 'unknown quantities' of most of our subs. Anything else?

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. The football is turgid and even if we do survive, it's quite possible that it will be thanks to the run we had when Bielik was fit. Rooney's football is the same as Cocu's and people wanted his head on a pike.

On the morning of a game, we look forward to it because it's Derby. Who looks forward to it for entertainment and excitement?

Results game at the moment, Rooney had pretty much said so. Cocu had pre season and several windows to bring his own players in, I will look forward to the games next season a lot more than I would in the division below, which is where we were heading.

Rooney gets us to stay in the division and gets no credit for it, all down to one player,  loses a game or plays turgid football and it's all his fault and should be sacked...says it all really ?

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So any manager calling out players as he did is a no, no ? Are you saying the likes of Pep for example or others considered the best in the world would never do it ?

15 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

So any manager calling out players as he did is a no, no ? Are you saying the likes of Pep for example or others considered the best in the world would never do it ?

Of course if I didn't mean it why would I say it strange comment.

Criticise a player behind closed doors absolutely but not in the public domain. 

7 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Results game at the moment, Rooney had pretty much said so. Cocu had pre season and several windows to bring his own players in, I will look forward to the games next season a lot more than I would in the division below, which is where we were heading.

Rooney gets us to stay in the division and gets no credit for it, all down to one player,  loses a game or plays turgid football and it's all his fault and should be sacked...says it all really ?

I'm largely indifferent to any manager we have these days. We've had so many bad ones recently that I really couldn't care less who the actual manager is at any one time.

It does seem to me though that those who back Rooney and doing so because we might not get relegated. Nobody has any enthusiasm for the football. That's fair enough but there's a big 'but'.  If Rooney gets enough results, he'll have got away with it but with finances in the state they are in, he's unlikely to have a very different squad from this season. We'll see if this 'results game' goes against his own principles and for the new season his team will play in a different way. Or will we get the same rubbish as this season?

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Of course if I didn't mean it why would I say it strange comment.

Criticise a player behind closed doors absolutely but not in the public domain. 

Fair enough, but it seems that these top managers seem to disagree with you. Some have even done documentaries where they call players out when they are putting the effort in. 

14 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Cocu had a messed up pre season last season due to having to take over Lampard’s half finished plan and had a reduced one this year because of Covid. 

The several (3) windows Cocu had were the one last season where plans were already put in place and other than Bielik and Clarke on loan we had some desperate loan signings in Dowell and Paterson, a Jan transfer window where we were under a soft embargo because of the failed FFP EFL case, and wasn't able to sign anyone worthwhile under the embargo restrictions (Rooney deal was completed before the embargo). He also had last summer's window where we managed to get Clarke back, Marshall, Byrne, CKR and Jozwiak but only after selling Bogle and Lowe. 

How is it that it is still Cocu's fault that we are still in a relegation battle? Rooney has had almost 3 times the amount of games that Cocu did. 

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm largely indifferent to any manager we have these days. We've had so many bad ones recently that I really couldn't care less who the actual manager is at any one time.

It does seem to me though that those who back Rooney and doing so because we might not get relegated. Nobody has any enthusiasm for the football. That's fair enough but there's a big 'but'.  If Rooney gets enough results, he'll have got away with it but with finances in the state they are in, he's unlikely to have a very different squad from this season. We'll see if this 'results game' goes against his own principles and for the new season his team will play in a different way. Or will we get the same rubbish as this season?

That's fair enough, but doesn't he deserve the chance to see how he does. Id quite happily take a Billy D season over any we have had in the past 10 seasons, save the pretty football for when we established in the PL. Same as I'd take a euro win playing effective football under Southgate rather than pretty football and losing in the quarter.

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Fair enough, but it seems that these top managers seem to disagree with you. Some have even done documentaries where they call players out when they are putting the effort in. 

You never publically humiliate a subordinate, it's the sign of a weak cowardly manager. 

I learned that from my first boss when he was pissed off about something he'd take me outside of the fire exit or somewhere similar and then give me the hairdryer speech then we'd go back in he would make sure it was never, ever Infront of anyone else especially one of my peers. 

I know things have moved on from this dinosaur management tool but the sentiment remains very valid. 

Archived