The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

49 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Vaccinated or unvaccinated?

Both ,, before vaccines and after vaccines would be very helpful, there was a very long period before that sort of age group were even able to be vaccinated hence the rhetoric regards vaccines for vulnerable groups that turned into vaccinate everyone on mass

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

For balance, can you add their chances of passing it to someone more vulnerable? 

The vaccinated or the unvaccinated or the vaccinated and boosted because it spreads like wildfire in the vaccinated, real world figures clearly show this as opposed to some gobbledegook about cutting the rate down by what ? Justin Trudeau who is imposing vaccine mandate on truckers supposedly isolating with covid despite two jabs and a booster ?, Liverpool fc the poster boys for vaccination in football still wiped out by covid outbreak , need I go on ? 
why would / should anyone take a vaccine that they fear makes them vulnerable on behalf of some considered vulnerable to covid when it’s clear it does not stop catching and spreading , if a vaccine comes along that stops the catching and spreading of covid im happy to have a very different conversation ,until then it’s just another stupid masks stop spread by 53% outlandish claim that looks stupid in real world figures??‍♂️

3 hours ago, Archied said:

The vaccinated or the unvaccinated or the vaccinated and boosted because it spreads like wildfire in the vaccinated, real world figures clearly show this as opposed to some gobbledegook about cutting the rate down by what ? Justin Trudeau who is imposing vaccine mandate on truckers supposedly isolating with covid despite two jabs and a booster ?, Liverpool fc the poster boys for vaccination in football still wiped out by covid outbreak , need I go on ? 
why would / should anyone take a vaccine that they fear makes them vulnerable on behalf of some considered vulnerable to covid when it’s clear it does not stop catching and spreading , if a vaccine comes along that stops the catching and spreading of covid im happy to have a very different conversation ,until then it’s just another stupid masks stop spread by 53% outlandish claim that looks stupid in real world figures??‍♂️

Isn’t it all about reduced risk?

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Isn’t it all about reduced risk?

Who for? We are in the age of pumping vaccine with no long term data into youngsters who don’t need it to supposedly cut down the risk to the old when it’s very clear the vaccine has little to no effect on catching and spreading the virus ,

as stated many times I took the two jabs even though my personal choice would have been not to , I did this because we were told this would be the way out ,I didn’t have the booster as it was very clear it would not stop or even cut down significantly the chances of me catching it and spreading it to anyone else 

if you feel at risk from covid then have jabs and boosters , it’s the right choice for you ,if you don’t then chooose not to , if a vaccine appears that REALLY has an effect on catching and spreading the different conversation 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Reduced risk of what?

I guess reduced risk of severe cases requiring hospitalisation, or worse - death.

This is good for the patient, but also good for those that they come into contact with.

All the studies showed a correlation between viral load and severe illness. In other words - the more virus you inhale, the worse your covid will be. The worse your covid is - the more you will cough. The more you cough - the more virus you shed into the air

The fact is that mass vaccination hasn't stopped anyone catching the virus (no one ever said it would - and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous) - BUT it is has given a large proportion of the population a head start for their immune system for when they do catch it.

That leads to less severe cases - the "mild cold" that so many people are reporting at the moment, which means the viral loads being shed are far lower

The same logic is behind mask-wearing. 

I can't understand the mentality of people saying i'm not wearing a mask/having a booster because it doesn't stop me catching the virus. I think their logical thought process got lost somewhere along  the way

30 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I can't understand the mentality of people saying i'm not wearing a mask/having a booster because it doesn't stop me catching the virus. I think their logical thought process got lost somewhere along  the way

Simple really ,perhaps people who have worked non stop through this from the start  ( including some in the medical and caring sector right at the heart of being exposed to covid daily ) are not afraid of the virus to the massive extent that many are , this would come from they’re personal experience and possibly taking in a wider range of news and opinions , they may weigh this against concerns of taking multiple vaccines of different types with ever changing gaps between jabs ( not the recommended by manufacturers during tests) and make they’re own decisions when having it does not stop you catching or giving it

can’t see why anybody can feel that’s beyond understanding ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

51 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I guess reduced risk of severe cases requiring hospitalisation, or worse - death.

This is good for the patient, but also good for those that they come into contact with.

All the studies showed a correlation between viral load and severe illness. In other words - the more virus you inhale, the worse your covid will be. The worse your covid is - the more you will cough. The more you cough - the more virus you shed into the air

The fact is that mass vaccination hasn't stopped anyone catching the virus (no one ever said it would - and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous) - BUT it is has given a large proportion of the population a head start for their immune system for when they do catch it.

That leads to less severe cases - the "mild cold" that so many people are reporting at the moment, which means the viral loads being shed are far lower

The same logic is behind mask-wearing. 

So once again we are back to the situation of a vaccine that will protect you from the virus but won't protect you from someone else carrying the virus?!?!?

I know that's not what you are saying but sure you can understand the logic behind that sentence. 

The only people that should be at risk are the people that have not had the vaccine, otherwise what is the point of it?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So once again we are back to the situation of a vaccine that will protect you from the virus but won't protect you from someone else carrying the virus?!?!?

I know that's not what you are saying but sure you can understand the logic behind that sentence. 

The only people that should be at risk are the people that have not had the vaccine, otherwise what is the point of it?

The part you seem unable to accept is that no one has ever said that the vaccine stops people getting the virus, or passing it on. That has never been the aim. It has always been aimed at training the immune system to attack and destroy the virus more easily and thus 1) decrease the number of severe cases/death and 2) lessen the viral load being shed by those infected

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Simple really ,perhaps people who have worked non stop through this from the start  ( including some in the medical and caring sector right at the heart of being exposed to covid daily ) are not afraid of the virus to the massive extent that many are , this would come from they’re personal experience and possibly taking in a wider range of news and opinions , they may weigh this against concerns of taking multiple vaccines of different types with ever changing gaps between jabs ( not the recommended by manufacturers during tests) and make they’re own decisions when having it does not stop you catching or giving it

can’t see why anybody can feel that’s beyond understanding ??‍♂️

I understand what you're saying perfectly but it's completely irrelevant to my point, and ends with yet more dumbing down of the facts to "what's the point if it doesn't stop you catching or giving it" 

"What's the point in speed limits, seat belts and airbags if they don't stop you being in a car crash?"

image.png.4e3a0ef43db90be18f4d027e34227f34.png

23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

The part you seem unable to accept is that no one has ever said that the vaccine stops people getting the virus, or passing it on. That has never been the aim. It has always been aimed at training the immune system to attack and destroy the virus more easily and thus 1) decrease the number of severe cases/death and 2) lessen the viral load being shed by those infected

I understand what you're saying perfectly but it's completely irrelevant to my point, and ends with yet more dumbing down of the facts to "what's the point if it doesn't stop you catching or giving it" 

"What's the point in speed limits, seat belts and airbags if they don't stop you being in a car crash?"

image.png.4e3a0ef43db90be18f4d027e34227f34.png

Nope you just ignore others points of view , I don’t feel threatened enough by covid to embark on a hamster wheel of vaccination s that there is no long term data on and the motive behind mass vaccination of catagory s at minuscule risk from covid I find at best very questionable so as such the only reason that would cause me to reconsider would be if vaccines stopped the spread or even if I believed it cut it down to any real degree, but as it stands me choosing not to have boosters have no effect on catching and passing on to others ,

but hey the word is from the end of the month you won’t have to isolate even when tested positive, thank god this madness is coming to an end at least in this country 

I can at least understand the thinking of people who have been able to lock themselves away for the last two years and have been bombarded with fear ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

56 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Do you believe that the vaccines have had zero effect? If not - what effect(s) do you think they have had?

If you mean had any effect on stopping or cutting down the number of people testing positive for covid then I believe none or next to no effect , what percent do you believe vaccines have cut cases by?

34 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nobody said the vaccines were only really going to be effective for 8 weeks , at least I don’t remember being told that before I took two of the buggers ??‍♂️

Well, they reduce hospital admissions and deaths amongst the vaccinated.

The unvaccinated can take care of themselves - it's their choice.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well, they reduce hospital admissions and deaths amongst the vaccinated.

The unvaccinated can take care of themselves - it's their choice.

The emergence of omicron will stop that point being put to the real test of time but that wasn’t the point I was answering to as well you know ,the point was vaccine reducing or stopping spread ??‍♂️

I am glad you agree vaccine is a personal choice and not the moral obligation to protect others as it was painted and is still being painted in other countries ?