The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Front page, keep digging 

"Lead story"?

Read what realhants said, he said "many" papers haven't led on the story, and 2 of them led with positive/downplaying stories. And that's exactly what he's said. Looks like Sky's newspaper front pages managed to put i's Friday paper on the Saturday list and that caught me out. But what he said is otherwise correct. Mirror, Guardian, i and Express with doom and gloom lead stories, Telegraph and Mail with positive spin, Star and Sun don't mention it, and Times leads on migration.

4 negative lead stories, 2 positive lead stories, 2 not even talking about it and one with a negative story relegated to 2nd place.

Oh dear @TexasRam, caught out fudging things again!

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

"Lead story"?

Read what realhants said, he said "many" papers haven't led on the story, and 2 of them led with positive/downplaying stories. And that's exactly what he's said. Looks like Sky's newspaper front pages managed to put i's Friday paper on the Saturday list and that caught me out. But what he said is otherwise correct. Mirror, Guardian, i and Express with doom and gloom lead stories, Telegraph and Mail with positive spin, Star and Sun don't mention it, and Times leads on migration.

4 negative lead stories, 2 positive lead stories, 2 not even talking about it and one with a negative story relegated to 2nd place.

Oh dear @TexasRam, caught out fudging things again!

Caught out fudging? How can that be You’ve litteraly backed up excalty what I’ve said ?and I’ve posted proof in black and white to back it up . To discredit me @GboroRamyou even posted a paper from the wrong day. So for calling me a liar along with the @therealhantsram you can apologise either on the thread or if you’re not man enough then my DMs are open??

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Caught out fudging? How can that be You’ve litteraly backed up excalty what I’ve said ?and I’ve posted proof in black and white to back it up . To discredit me @GboroRamyou even posted a paper from the wrong day. So for calling me a liar along with the @therealhantsram you can apologise either on the thread or if you’re not man enough then my DMs are open??

Go back and read what realhants wrote. 2 papers didn't mention it at all. 2 papers played it down.

Now compare with what you wrote:

"Look at the front of every newspaper this morning,  all top stories calling the new Covid strain ultra infectious and vaccine resistant!"

I see some scaremongering, but mainly from you and not so much from the press.

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

At least we'll get to see if all them Johnny Baddasses who said they would follow restrictions only until they were jabbed were all talk.

I hate masks more than any other measure so guess it's back to waiting in the car whenever we go shopping now. What a shame.

Do you have a personal shopper??

23 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Go back and read what realhants wrote. 2 papers didn't mention it at all. 2 papers played it down.

Now compare with what you wrote:

"Look at the front of every newspaper this morning,  all top stories calling the new Covid strain ultra infectious and vaccine resistant!"

I see some scaremongering, but mainly from you and not so much from the press.

Yep I stand by what I said, maybe I  should of put nearly every paper, I’ll hold my hands up to that. However 6 out of the 8 mention on their front page, 1 that doesn’t is basically a comic anyway so let’s say 6 out of 7. Let’s add the Financial times which states markets are falling and will drop more due to the new variants ( on their front page) so now 7 out of 8 papers, for a story that shouldn’t even make the 1st 5/6 pages. You’re appalling and strange obsession to discredit any of my posts is frankly bizarre even when countered by fact and truth.  

3 hours ago, Archied said:

You mean like paper masks stop virus particles ?

They stop most droplets and consequently reduce the viral load that an unfortunate bystander might be subjected to, and consequently both the rate of transmission and the severity of infection - every single study that's ever been made demonstrates that. 

It would help if you took your pants off your head and placed them in front of your nose and mouth.

Edited by Eddie

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

They stop most droplets and consequently reduce the viral load that an unfortunate bystander might be subjected to, and consequently both the rate of transmission and the severity of infection - every single study that's ever been made demonstrates that. 

Airborne, you keep your pants on your head all you want ??‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Face masks back on please!

Is this mandatory for everyone entering the site or just those that are posting? Because if it's only a recommendation and we go down the same route as the government, relying on people using common sense. Then I hope David as had a good anti-virus programme installed.