The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh do get a grip.

Out of interest , where do you draw YOUR line if locking up the unvaccinated doesn’t make them have the vaccine, how far are you prepared to go , is there a point/ action that’s unacceptable for you?
serious question I would urge you and others to ask themselves

Edited by Archied

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Out of interest , where do you draw YOUR line if locking up the unvaccinated doesn’t make them have the vaccine, how far are you prepared to go , 

It's further that I would like here. But I fully understand why they're feeling the pressure to act. They need to reduce the R number as its running riot at the moment. Vaccinating everyone has to be done hand in hand with reducing the R number to a manageable level. 

It's a lockdown like we had a couple of times in this country. We have more tools now - mainly a vaccine that reduces transmission and reduces the severity for anyone who catches it. Without the vaccine I presume Austria would be back into full lockdown. Thankfully there is no need to affect the economy so much because there is a vaccine. 

You've previously pointed the finger at home workers and furloughed workers, saying that they prefer to sit at home and let other people do all the work. I presume I can point the finger back and say the same about them? They could just go and get the vaccine, like millions of people have done, and help restrict the spread of a virus that's killing a lot of our senior citizens. 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's further that I would like here. But I fully understand why they're feeling the pressure to act. They need to reduce the R number as its running riot at the moment. Vaccinating everyone has to be done hand in hand with reducing the R number to a manageable level. 

It's a lockdown like we had a couple of times in this country. We have more tools now - mainly a vaccine that reduces transmission and reduces the severity for anyone who catches it. Without the vaccine I presume Austria would be back into full lockdown. Thankfully there is no need to affect the economy so much because there is a vaccine. 

You've previously pointed the finger at home workers and furloughed workers, saying that they prefer to sit at home and let other people do all the work. I presume I can point the finger back and say the same about them? They could just go and get the vaccine, like millions of people have done, and help restrict the spread of a virus that's killing a lot of our senior citizens. 

If the vaccine reduces the severity for people that catch it them it shouldn't matter what the next man is doing, as long as you get it then that should be all that matters.

I notice that under 12s are exempt from the rule, yet here we were told school kids were the big spreaders in our latest wave.

58 minutes ago, Archied said:

Out of interest , where do you draw YOUR line if locking up the unvaccinated doesn’t make them have the vaccine, how far are you prepared to go , is there a point/ action that’s unacceptable for you?
serious question I would urge you and others to ask themselves

Society makes the rules. I've been vaccinated so should they, unless there's a valid reason. Why lock up people who don't pay their tv license?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Society makes the rules. I've been vaccinated so should they, unless there's a valid reason. Why lock up people who don't pay their tv license?

No they shouldn't, certainly not on the say so of someone else.

100% personal choice.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Nope.

So regardless of the fact that the jab doesn't stop you from catching covid or passing it on you think that it is okay to inject people against their will?

Basically you have no objection to the State owning your body.

Rightly or wrongly there is absolutely no case to make for mandatory injections - and thats my line in the sand.

48 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Believe it or not though I disagree with you on lots of the finer points on issues I have respect for anyone who’s prepared to stand up for ALL in society and it makes me quite sad to see what’s happening to a lot of people of that ilk, I really don’t know whether it’s the mass fear that’s been propagated over these last two years that’s blinded us ,

your last paragraph ignores the issue which is a government forcing people to have a vaccine by locking them up,they are saying you do as we say no matter what your reasons for not taking vaccine or we will lock you up whenever we want for as long as we want despite the virus spread amongst the vaccinated too, that can never be right and what’s next if that doesn’t FORCE all to take vaccine?

there’s a principle here that is vital to what we have strived to be as a democratic free society 

I could go on to put your simple solution to many types and groups of people but the post would just be deleted??‍♂️,

if covid death percentage s were different and vaccines hugely stopped the spread of the virus then we would perhaps be having a different conversation but as it stands it protects from symptoms being serious in the vaccinated person so forcing vaccines on the minority is extremely questionable,

this post is not a pop at you or a five minute argument for the sake of arguing,I genuinely believe we are going somewhere where we all need to ask ourselves how much of our fundamental values we are prepared to give up for what??‍♂️

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Strangely enough that’s the kind of oppression that not too long ago was faced by people who were gay or trans, go back further it was religion , crusades and forced conversion 

you are vaccinated, the unvaccinated are not a threat to you , your as protected as you can be??‍♂️
you see them as different to you and the enemy 

Edited by Archied

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm talking about the lockdown in Austria 

We really need to change the terminology, people are being locked up for not taking the vaccine it’s a subtle but important distinction that’s carried over from so titled national lockdowns and perhaps not by accident 

What’s the saying , societies are judged by they’re treatment of minorities? 
at the very very least there should be a proper peer reviewed study on the difference of being vaccinated as opposed to non vaccinated in terms of catching and spreading covid before you could even begin to consider such actions,

do we lock up those who have had covid and have far better natural immunity if they are not vaccinated? 
there is a runaway train crashing through democratic free societies that at the very minimum needs needs slowing down and examining 

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Nobody is being locked up. Please stop being alarmist.

Austria are putting non vaccinated people under house arrest ,, that’s the topic 

Anyone over the age of 12 who has not been double-jabbed is now only allowed to leave their homes for work, school, exercise and buying essential supplies - with the lockdown affecting about two million of Austria's 8.9 million population.

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You didn’t answer , where is your line in terms of what is acceptable to do to people that don’t take the vaccine , how far is it acceptable to go to force them 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Austria are putting non vaccinated people under house arrest ,, that’s the topic 

Anyone over the age of 12 who has not been double-jabbed is now only allowed to leave their homes for work, school, exercise and buying essential supplies - with the lockdown affecting about two million of Austria's 8.9 million population.

I know that (in bold). Which means it's not house arrest either. Like I said, stop it please.