The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Silverstone also running at full capacity in July - 140000 spectators.

You can defintely kiss goodbye to any form of social distnacing from me 

Im sure its just a coincidence that all of the 'pilot events' are the events that are attended by the rich and famous!

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Im sure its just a coincidence that all of the 'pilot events' are the events that are attended by the rich and famous!

Come on G mate, a ticket for the Club Corner stands on race day at Silverstone is only £515 quid and the men's final at Wimbledon starts at a very modest £2,500.

Gulp!!! 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Spin in front of a mirror and chant 3 times , we are all in this together 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Come on G mate, a ticket for the Club Corner stands on race day at Silverstone is only £515 quid and the men's final at Wimbledon starts at a very modest £2,500.

Gulp!!! 

One of the people my wife supports at work is the lead contact with a firm called Cognizant, title sponsors of Aston Martin F1, liasing on a daily basis.

Imagine his delight last week, when he opened up a corporate invite from them, and it was for a virtual wine tasting event held to coincide with the Friday of the GP.

Meanwhile his boss, also supported by the missus, and who has nothing to do with said firm, received an invite to the Sunday of the GP, complete with a luxury transfer from his home address and back, full hospitality and pit lane access!

My wife's a massive F1 fan, and heavily involved in the account, they sometimes send her a complementary lanyard holder.

So this month we've seen infections rise from around 3,000 per day to nearly 17,000. Is this what has the government panicking? The death rate remains very low so it seems while more folk are catching Covid, less are dying, possibly because it is younger folk who are catching it, that is those more likely to recover?

Meanwhile...

António Costa, who opened up Portugal for quarantine-free breaks in mid-May to British tourists with a proof of a negative Covid test, hinted at a U-turn in his policy to travellers coming from the UK as he spoke to reporters at an EU summit.

Costa said his government had permitted UK tourists to enter Portugal in recent weeks on the basis of a low number of Covid cases. The UK now has the worst Covid case rate in Europe due to the spread of the Delta variant.

I guess this will infuriate some but whilst I'm not wholly in agreement with the decision to prolong the lockdown, there does at least appear to be a modicum of critical thinking behind it. 

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

One of the people my wife supports at work is the lead contact with a firm called Cognizant, title sponsors of Aston Martin F1, liasing on a daily basis.

Imagine his delight last week, when he opened up a corporate invite from them, and it was for a virtual wine tasting event held to coincide with the Friday of the GP.

Meanwhile his boss, also supported by the missus, and who has nothing to do with said firm, received an invite to the Sunday of the GP, complete with a luxury transfer from his home address and back, full hospitality and pit lane access!

My wife's a massive F1 fan, and heavily involved in the account, they sometimes send her a complementary lanyard holder.

Hamilton would rather 'the masses' didn't go...

"Lewis Hamilton has described the decision to to allow 140,000 fans to watch next month's British Grand Prix as "premature", amid rising cases in the UK...Current Formula One champion Hamilton says while he is excited to race in front of his home crowd "I watch the news, I hear the cases going up massively in the UK since we have loosened up a bit, and on that side I worry about people".

Ticket holders will have to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test or be fully vaccinated, with the second dose having been recieved at least 14 days previously.

Mercedes driver Hamilton adds: "I have read that the vaccination programme is working and fewer people are in hospital, but it feels a bit premature to me. "I like to err on the side of caution and slowly build up - rather than go full pelt and using our British fans as a test pen."

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Not remotely jealous...

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hamilton would rather 'the masses' didn't go...

"Lewis Hamilton has described the decision to to allow 140,000 fans to watch next month's British Grand Prix as "premature", amid rising cases in the UK...Current Formula One champion Hamilton says while he is excited to race in front of his home crowd "I watch the news, I hear the cases going up massively in the UK since we have loosened up a bit, and on that side I worry about people".

Ticket holders will have to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test or be fully vaccinated, with the second dose having been recieved at least 14 days previously.

Mercedes driver Hamilton adds: "I have read that the vaccination programme is working and fewer people are in hospital, but it feels a bit premature to me. "I like to err on the side of caution and slowly build up - rather than go full pelt and using our British fans as a test pen."

Id rather the media didn't print this hypocrites opinions. What qualifications does he have to be writing articles on coronavirus restrictions?

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Where?

EDIT: The bit you left out

"The selfish side of me wants to see all these people here," he said.

Hmmmmm. 

Where? That quote isn't on the page I quoted from. And still he basically says 'it's too soon'.

image.png.1904c95518d5cea891368f3d73ca5e93.png

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Where?

EDIT: The bit you left out

"The selfish side of me wants to see all these people here," he said.

Hmmmmm. 

The other quotes are from Hamilton.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The point I was making is that he'd rather the fans were there, but fears for their safety hence his comments. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57598221

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This guy travels all over the world at will, but he'd rather we all erred on the side of caution. Yeah, whatever.

12 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Same as you and I and therefore perfectly entitled to have his opinions documented. 

Difference being my views are on a football forum not being printed in the national media as if the opinion holds some sort of weight.

In addition to publishing the countries that have moved to the green list, the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, also announced that UK residents who are fully vaccinated will not have to isolate when travelling back from amber list countries.

He said the government would set out further details next month but he anticipated this being introduced "later in the summer".

Why on earth is Shapps on about introducing things later in the summer. We were told ALL remaining restrictions would be lifted at step 4.