Last 4 games 3 wins 1 defeat

Curtains

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fair enough but again it's the manner of the loss and to another lowly club that irritates.

I was really disappointed last night but early on in the game we went close. 

Bird took a knock on the knee and that slowed him down but we missed Bielik and that’s a problem WR has to address. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Perspective needed is with that record over the past 4 games we are still only 2 points away from Rotherham who are 3rd from bottom and have 2 games in hand on us. 

But they play a certain type of Football which we don’t see week in week out .

2 games in hand is not always converted into points. 

The season won’t be defined by results against Rotherham 

I am looking forward to the rest of the season .

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

But they play a certain type of Football which we don’t see week in week out .

2 games in hand is not always converted into points. 

The season won’t be defined by results against Rotherham 

I am looking forward to the rest of the season .

You missed my point so will reiterate.

You are asserting that 3 wins out of 4 is good. 

But with that yield we find ourselves still only 2 points away from the 3rd from bottom team who have 2 games in hand.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You missed my point so will reiterate.

You are asserting that 3 wins out of 4 is good. 

But with that yield we find ourselves still only 2 points away from the 3rd from bottom team who have 2 games in hand.

I didn’t miss your point. 

We are not in the relegation zone and until we are I’m not worried 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I didn’t miss your point. 

We are not in the relegation zone and until we are I’m not worried 

Does being 2 points from the 3rd from bottom team who have a couple of games in hand not concern you, genuine question. 

Even with that tally of points we have barely managed to keep our heads above water. 

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Perspective needed is with that record over the past 4 games we are still only 2 points away from Rotherham who are 3rd from bottom and have 2 games in hand on us. 

You’re right but surely, to keep it in perspective you need to look above as well. 

Those three wins have lifted us to just 3 points behind Cardiff in 16th (although they do of course have a better gd and a game in hand).

32 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fair enough but again it's the manner of the loss and to another lowly club that irritates.

I don't care losing to Rotherham and Wycombe if we beat enough of the other teams instead. We've won 7 points from 9 against the current 3 best sides in the league.

Boro, Blackburn, Stoke, Preston, Millwall, Cardiff, Birmingham, Rotherham and Wycombe are the more physical sides in the division and I don't expect we'll pick many points up from them (7/30 points so far).
However, I imagine we'd pick up more from the likes of Norwich, Brentford, Swansea, Bournemouth, Bristol, Barnsley, Luton, QPR, Coventry because they play more football and leave gaps which our players are suited to playing against (17/30 points picked up from those games).

We will continue to struggle against those physical sides simply due to our squad being very young and smaller as a result.

Archived